Topic: mp3 encoding the recorded wav file

Hi,
was trying to convert the wav file recorded from the standalone player by lame encoder on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.4. What I get with different settings is a highy distorted noisy sound. I converted then the wav file with Quicktime to aif and its the same. I checked an aif file from a different source which works fine.

The wav and the converted aif file sound perfect with the QT player. Is there anything special with the Pianotec created files? Any similar experience?

yogas

Re: mp3 encoding the recorded wav file

I too have the same problem.  I'm on a pc and I can't convert the WAV to mp3.  Lame encoder gives me static.  Soundforge refuses to open the WAV file.

mediaplayer can open the wav file fine though... weird.  Is there any solution for this?  Thanks.

I found something that works...  Audacity with Lame encoder can do the job and they're free.

I capture with wiretap pro (mac)

Thanks abiharbani
Audacity works for me too.

But if there is any expert here, who can tell me why it works with Audacity and not directly I would really appreciate to know.

yogas

When you export the wav file with the "use high-quality settings" option, the file that is created is a 32 bits (floating point) wav file, while the "use current settings" wav is a 16 bits file. Every software should support the 16 bit one since it is the typical format for wav files. The "high quality" one may cause problems to some programs.

Thanks for clarification!

Audacity is very good and this is too: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Check it out! It's free.