Topic: Any live-pianists (band) here ?

hi folks,

anyone of you who's playing in a live band (pop/rock etc) using PIANOTEQ, too ?

would love to hear YOUR experiences
let's talk about competing with guitars, drums & co... EQ-ing and such...

best
robert

Re: Any live-pianists (band) here ?

EZ: it simply works GREAT !!! I use mostly the "Grand C2 Bridge" preset almost "dry": this gives the FOH engineer the opportunity to add reverb only if necessary, it adapts very well to most halls. As far as I know, it requires almost no EQ or compression !

yeah... PTQ really works perfectly in live-situations...
I'm also sending "dry" signals (generally) ...
however, I'm curios about other experiences reg the presets in a band-context...
for me, presets like Grand C2 Bridge don't work when being on stage with a (loud) rock group

other opinions ?....

Bechstein works very well live--cuts well. Concert Grand is good if you want a bigger, orchestral sort of sound.

fact #1: I never play "with a (loud) rock group wink " :-) did you try with a little compression on it?
fact #2: you're right, I forgot to mention the Bechstein, it's great too ! It always makes me want to play "lady madonna" !!! :-)

compression:
well.. it makes the sound/preset louder in some way - but I'm missing the "right-in-your-face" quality. most you have to deal with too much "dirt/mud" in the sound... that bugs me...

anyway...
meanwhile, I have created a pretty dynamic patch for my needs - which feels good when playing, sounds brilliant & competitive in a band-context...

I used to play ~5 years for a QUEEN-show - it's quite funny when the audience hardly hears the piano anymore when the band comes in.... (think of bohemian rhapsody and such