Topic: Pianoteq in Mainstage - dropouts

I have very recently upgraded to Logic Studio, which includes MainStage, which looks like a very promising solution to use a Mac as a sound module. I've been mainly trying the Logic-internal sound generators like EVP88 or Sculpture and some non-Apple softsynths - in addition also Pianoteq. In general this works nicely, but with Pianoteq I get sound dropouts once in a while. This hasn't shown up in any of the other sound generators, and some are really CPU intensive like Sculpture. It doesn't happen very often, so it's hard to pin down under what conditions it's most likely to happen, but still it's annoying. Anybody else tried this combination?

People at Pianoteq: have you tried Pianoteq with MainStage?

Thomas

Re: Pianoteq in Mainstage - dropouts

Oops -- I just wanted to go and get LS 8! But let's wait for some minor updates, and the problem may be fixed.

Currently, I am using a selfmade masterkeyboard song (heavy environment utilization) in Logic 7, and that really works quite good, including PTQ. No problems here.

Re: Pianoteq in Mainstage - dropouts

I've been banging away for hours on Pianoteq in Maintsage for 10 days without an audio dropout that I can recall.