Topic: Sound designer - of sorts?

I have found a musical context in which the "Pianorga" preset works especially well as solo instrument. This was a bit of a surprise as I had got to the point of never wanting to hear another '80s style synth-pad sound ever again. But the depth of tone, and more especially the absence of any digital "grunge" in the sound which stays clear and pure down to low amplitudes in a way that no synth I've used can manage, has made me change my mind. However, the user controls are quite restricted in the changes one can make to the sound, the results always sound like a type of pianorga rather than something new and different. I guess this is because its characteristic parameters are hard-coded into the preset as constants. But that suggests a direction for further development.

Perhaps some of the thousands of parameters in Pianoteq could be selective exposed for the specific purpose of synth sound design. This could be a separate software package, as the target market would not be pianists.

It might be interesting to let a synth programmer loose on the parameter tables (with only a text editor ). I can see the poor fellow now in my mind's eye - he is being told he can change numbers 1100 to 2000, as they are quite important, but numbers 4000 thru 10000 are also moderately interesting and could create something different....

Re: Sound designer - of sorts?

This would be the mythical Pianoteq 'pro' package. I'd like the ability to construct interfaces to the parameters I want to mess with. I've never heard of a generic musical instrument interface builder but there probably is one. If the 'pro' version could have an interface to something like that it would be very useful.