Topic: PianoTeq on ITX board

Currently I'm building a digital piano myself...of course running Pianoteq. Because I want to keep the size of the piano small I'm thinking of using a mini-ITX board with quad-core processor.

In some posts (related to other brands/products) I've read about avoiding on-board video because it could affect performance.

Does someone has experience/suggestions with using these kind of MOBO?

Re: PianoTeq on ITX board

Nope. I have an integrated graphics card on my Gigabyte motherboard (mATX form), and I've never had any problems with Pianoteq ever.

On the other hand, I'm currently using ATi Radeon X1650 Pro, and it works even smoother.

Hard work and guts!

What do yo mean by "running smoother"? More polyfony, less glitches?

I'm very anxious to know because I'm going to use the setup in a live band so stability is one of the most important things.

No, the graphics were just smoother. I have no issues with polyphony whatsoever. I can get max polyphony with my 2 GHz Core2Duo and still have a lot of CPU for other VSTs if I need them. Great stuff.

I say internal graphics can't hurt, as they are on a separate chip on the motherboard (or integrated in northbridge, depending on MB).

At least those integrated on Gigabyte don't hurt the system

Hard work and guts!

Thanx for your answers. Yesterday I mailed with some technical guy from Synthogy (I'm also running Ivory) and he said actually the same: it should make no difference..but....it does matter when running Pro Tools.

Using a mini-ITX board makes the piano smaller by 8 cm and of course ligther. So i'm happy.