Topic: Midi notes hang-on

Hello friends,
here I am again here with another question ..
While Played live,  I had the sad experience of some notes which were continually hanging-on at the release of the keys ... forcing me into an unbridled use of the panic button during the performance ..

Today I performed a test to try to resolve the problem and I found that ..

1) the more I play quickly and the greater the possibility that the problem occurs

2) The problem is most evident if you use one or more pedals .. For example the first and fourth .. together or alternately..

3)The problem is easily monitored by playing a simple chord rapidly and repeatedly along the keyboard, even without the simultaneous use of pedals , also occours playing fast "arpeggios"
From the PTgraphics I can clearly see some of the keys to remain pressed  after their release ...

For greater clarity and reliability of the test, I performed the test with  32 and 64 bit versions of pt, both in stand alone mode and within the NI KORE 2, with the same results ...

I've set PT to receive notes only in midi ch1..

Other VST instruments did not reveal the problem ..

CPU consumption remains quite low .. about 20% in stand-alone 64 and about 30-40% with Kore 2 version 32-bit

Testing was performed with the following equipment:

i7 core , asus motherboard, 6 GB ram windows vista business 64 bit,
Only musical applications on-board
Motu traveler (Buffer size 128, frequency:44100)
Keyboard: kurzweil K2600xs

there is something wrong or am I forgetting?

Sorry if I was gone but I need to complete the setup of my daw, and I would do so in the most reliable ...

Thanks for your precious help

ciao

Antonio

Re: Midi notes hang-on

For Julien,

In this sort of "debugging-test" I've found also this...

While i'm playing a c maj chord with two hands (6/8 notes in total) I randomly press the cc64 pedal some time in "normal-way" some time try to simulate a "repedalling"...

After some actions, unexpectedly a note of F  in a low range of the keyboard is played at medium-high level and it's still remains on..

to stop the note i have to press the note itself or press the panic soft key on may kurz..

might be something wrong with the software about the management of pedals?

sorry for the audacity ..

ciao

Antonio

that seems a bit strange, can you record a midi file in your vst host that demonstrates the problem ?

Hi Julien,
sorry .. perhaps I was a little hasty .. In fact I'm still doing tests ..
Among the reasons, I also thought it could be the fault of the keyboard .. I then connected another identical k2600xs... same thing ...

I have connected well moti xs yamaha .. still the same problem .. then drop a mistake for the hardware of the keyboard ..

BUT....  BUT... BUT...

while performing this other tests I have also tried again with other VST ..
but so far the other VST did not have problems .. Now also the  korg legacy package suffers the same problem ..

At this point I'm a little bit confused...

so I apologize to you for having addressed some doubt on pt
believe me, I have made in good faith .. after all I too have spent too many years trying to solve problems related to the musical software ..

I have a great esteem in yourself and in your product that I consider unique ..

But I do not understand what could have happened to my because until yesterday everything worked great ... and I have not changed anything since then ..

It would appear to be a problem with midi driver (I always used the motu traveler, and up to now not ever given me problems of any kind ..)

Tomorrow, at the return from job I will do further tests ..
I apologize again to you and all friends of the forum, next time try to be less hasty ...

but I think it is rather the problem of us all go a little worried when the PC makes jokes like this

joy and pain of modern technology!

at tomorrow..

ciao
Antonio

Hello,
Yesterday night I had another little discovery about the problem of hanging notes ..

I noticed that in my case the problem "seems" solved if I turn off from the control (K2600, Motif ES), messages such as "send midi clock to midi"

At this point I could envisage the mismanagement of the flow of my midi traveler .. although to be honest up to 2 days ago I had never happened ..

doing so, PT and  the other VST seem to work well .. at least for the moment ..
I write this info even if a little "OT" because I also read the experience encountered by BOBKOWALSKY about of  trills problems ..

This evening I will do other tests to be more precise ..

ciao

Antonio

Last edited by keyrunner (09-07-2009 10:02)