Topic: More brightness possibilities for C2 concert?

Hello,

First I would like to say thank you to everyone at Modartt for bringing us this amazing instrument.

Something I have noticed with the C1 presets is that the hammer hardness can be increased to make the piano very bright. But on the C2 presets (C2 concert in particular), the same brightness can’t be achieved even with the hammer hardness controls set to maximum.

My personal ideal piano sound for pop music would be the C2 concert preset, but with the brightness of the C1 medium (with hammer hardness turned up nearly full). I have managed to get this sound by using an EQ after Pianoteq (I couldn’t do it using the internal EQ). And this is fine, but it would be much nicer and quicker, (and probably better quality too), if the C2 concert could be made more brilliant by just moving the hardness sliders, instead of relying on EQ.

So my question for Modartt is; would it be possible to make a downloadable add-on which is the C2 concert, but with more brightness possibilities? What do you think of this idea?

Thank you for your time.

Jon

Last edited by jon (04-09-2007 22:40)

Re: More brightness possibilities for C2 concert?

thank you jon for the kind words!

Making an add-on is not an easy task, but there is one thing that you could try with C2 concert, apart from changing hammer hardness and EQ, is to lower the first overtones (spectrum profile bars), with for example from left to right: -8 dB, -7 dB, -6 dB, -5 dB, -4 dB, -3 dB, -2 dB, -1 dB. Let me know if this helps.

Re: More brightness possibilities for C2 concert?

Thank you Guillaume, that has definitely made it sound much brighter.

Thanks again,

Jon