Topic: A Love Affair with Pianoteq

This clip have a wonderfull piano arrangement for the song A Love Affair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydvDXpa_vY

If someone have this music, the sheet, would be a good idea to record with pianoteq.

I think we are needing a very soft, touching and deep music to the pianoteq website demos.  This one it's perfect.

If you play very well and have access to this arrangement, please take a try.

Re: A Love Affair with Pianoteq

I'm quite familiar with this song, have the sheet music (minimal piano arrangement of course), and have played it for a long time.  But certainly not as well as the Youtube arrangement.  The second part with those 16th notes is well beyond my ability to play.

The music (An Affair to Remember) was written by Harry Warren in 4/4 time, although I have played it in 3/4 time as it seems to flow more easily.

Listening to it, my first impression was that the sustain is quite a bit too short, and is not likely a live recording of an acoustic piano.  I would guess it's done with samples (to me samples never sound realistic - the tone may be right, but the dynamics and other subtle things are all wrong).

I saw the  movie (An Affair to Remember starring Kerr and Cary Grant) in the early sixties, but it was produced in 1957 (it was a remake of a 1939 movie of the same name).

Glenn

Last edited by Glenn NK (11-06-2009 07:50)