Topic: Making a CD

Hello,
    I am trying to make a CD using the Pianoteq midi files, by converting to Wave. Doesn't work, when I play it back in Windows Media the harpsicord sounds like a regular piano.

Is there a way to burn Pianoteq files to CD playable in a regular CD player and keep the Pianoteq sounds?

By the way I just downloaded the Erard and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for the assistance,
E.T.

Re: Making a CD

With the latest version of Pianoteq (v3.0.2), you can play MIDI files directly as standalone. From File, select Load Midi file, play it back to be sure it's ok. Then select Export Wav file. Select where you want to save, and you'll have yourself a WAV of the MIDI playback. Then you can burn that WAV onto a CD. My devices were set to ASIO, and it worked. Hope this helps!

I thought you could do that with older versions, too?

Hard work and guts!

Spring:

Please explain in detail the process you are using, as it seems that you are doing something wrong, or that something in your system isn't working properly.

I've been using the export function in Pianoteq for quite a while (versions 2.3 and 3.0) and get some very good sounding wave files.

After you use the File/Export Wav file command, have you listened to the sound?  It should be OK, if it's not, then I suspect something is going wrong in your computer.

If the wave files produced by Pianoteq sound OK, then there is a problem with your CD burning software.  The wave files on a CD are not the same format as the wave file produced by Pianoteq - these are cda files and are converted from wave files during the burning process by your burning software.

I use Nero to burn CDs and have been doing this for seven or eight years with very good results.

By the way, I strongly suggest that you invest in a wave editor.  This type of software is extremely useful in getting your sound to sound good.  Wave files should be brought to a common loudness level, and often some compression is applied to the recorded wave file.

I would suggest Goldwave - it's a very powerful editor with a very reasonable price tag.   I often record a wave file "live" using Goldwave (while Pianoteq is playing a midi file in real time).

There are other wave editors, but it's important that you use one whatever brand it is.

Glenn