Topic: New setup for playing digital piano to get Pianoteq quality sounds

Been struggling with this for 4 days.   My Mac G5 is tied via USB to  Yamaha PF-500.  For a short time (1 hour) My 500 keyboard played a Pianoteq Grand thru my speakers using only a downloaded VSTLord plugin (arne.knup.de.com).  Amazing!

After a shutdown and restart....Nothing.  Now even the VSTLord will not load.  Any suggestions with this or with any other VST plug-in?

Re: New setup for playing digital piano to get Pianoteq quality sounds

No guarantees, but sometimes, if my controller isn't on when the Mac restarts, the MIDI connection isn't right. Try opening "Audio MIDI Setup" and checking that everything is in order there.

I don't know VSTLord, so I can't say why it's not loading.

You may find more knowledgeable support at http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for...forumid=18 or another general keyboards forum.

Thanks Doug. I'll check out Acapellia.  But I finally got my  G5-Yamaha setup to work without any VST host!  Apart from ensuring the correct setings in the Yamaha PF-500 itself, my main problem was assuming that the Pianoteq preference settings would hold until my next startup session.  But thy don't.  I have to run them everytime to get Pianoteq response from the digital piano keys.  Isn't there a way for the Preferences to HOLD until intentionally changed?

Which preference settings ? The choice of audio device and midi device should hold (moreover the default choice should be one which works: "listen to all midi devices")

Thanks Julien.  Some window leaks sidetracked me but now I'm dry.  My Pianoteq preferences ask for either "Change audio configuration" or Change midi devices".  In order to activate the piano keys for Pianoteq I must check "change midi devices". Then I can play piano (Yamaha).   No changes need be made in my Mac Audio Midi  Setup.  But I have no idea what is happening when I check "change midi devices" under Pianoteq Preferences.

If I want only to play downloaded midi music, No other screens are necessary beyond the Pianoteq screen.

zzbilll