Topic: PTQ 3.0.1 Hangs in certain situations

Hi all: I have found that, whenever I stop using PTQ for a certain period of time *after* being using it it appears to hang. It stops emiting sounds and I can depress by mouse all the keys in the virtual keyboard and they keep depressed no matter what I do.
Since I'm not sure how to reproduce it, I took some screenshots of it while its in that state to see if you have a better idea. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the app.

Thanks.... (im not sure of how to upload images in the forum either)
/Users/mimoviz/Desktop/Imagen 1.png

Guillermo

Re: PTQ 3.0.1 Hangs in certain situations

Upload your images to www.imageshack.us and post Direct link to image links here.

As for your problem, it's kind of weird, especially if it's happening on the Mac you seem to have (your signature)...

Last edited by EvilDragon (05-04-2009 17:16)
Hard work and guts!

Thanks Evil....
this is the link for the image:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5263/imagen1kug.png

Mind that at the time, the app did nit respond to the controller, nor emitted any sounds or played mid files.

Guillermo

Hi Guillermo,

Maybe you should drop us an email at http://www.pianoteq.com/support_form with some more details about your configuration and how to reproduce this bug.

The fact that the keys get "stuck" could be an issue between pianoteq standalone and the sound card driver, are you using the built-in audio of your mac ?

Hi Julien: Regarding your question, yes, I'm using two macs with their stock drivers, no modifications whatsoever. The issue presents itself with both machines regularly, and so far it *seems* that it may have been triggered (I need to be very careful here) whenever the app get overlapped by Safari and/or Mail for a certain amount of time.
Since I use PTQ3 usually "under" the windows of those other two apps, when I put it in the focus again, then it stops as shown.
Anyway, is there a way to keep track of this behaviour automatically? some sort of Dr. Wilson for Mac?
Thanks

Guillermo

You'll want to file a formal support request on the support page, of course, listing your system's specs, etc. (This forum is just a general forum for sharing information.)

But in general I think most people turn off their wireless\network card, etc when doing work in audio: both put a load on the processor, and if they try to do too much at the same time (could be anything--an e-mail check, a virus check, an update for a program that you'd forgotten you set to auto-update), you'll get freezes and crashes.

Also check for overheating: Do you hear your computer's fan come on just before the crash, or does the keyboard and top of the computer feel a little too hot? If so, the cpu is just being asked to do too much at once. Again, the problem is probably trying to use the system for too many things at once, or at least more than it can handle.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (06-04-2009 17:54)