Topic: Effects section as Plugin?

Dear Modartt Team,

this request was most probably read of before, but here we go again: Version 3.0 has a really very rich sound, but I love it for its new mic'ing options since you get so different facilities of arrangement together with other instruments, and I wish I could use this for the other instruments, too. I'm using Apple's Logic 8 and some 3rd party synthesizers such as NI's FM8, and its effects section can be separately used as plugin - I wonder if you could make the "recording" part of Pianoteq available for this purpose, so it would have an input that can be used as sound source instead of the virtual piano...
BTW, thank you for the continued G5 support.

Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others

Re: Effects section as Plugin?

Hi Jope,
Thanks for sharing your ideas. This could be a nice effect, which is on our long list of things that could be done. For the moment we focus our efforts on Pianoteq, but one day maybe?

You guys have to upgrade the team size, so things can be constructed in a faster pace. We'll be happier and you'll be richier

I totally support Jope's request.

ah.. I work in a startup company, and getting good developers and growing isn't an easy task.  You can't just "upgrade" it.  It's a tedious process, often ending up being a trial and error process. 

Especially with a product like pianoteq, you can't just have "developers" that execute mechanical tasks... you need people, like artists, who are enthusiastic about the product, have extreme passion, excellent technique, excellent teamwork, and most importantly, consistent follow through.  Believe it or now, even from a pool of geniuses, people like that are a gem.

That's from my experience.  Dev teams are hard.  More doesn't always mean faster.  Anyway, if the standards are kept high as they are now, I don't mind slower dev speed.  The worst is high speed dev for low quality stuff.

Last edited by kensuguro (02-04-2009 06:29)

kensuguro wrote:

(...) The worst is high speed dev for low quality stuff.

Hehe... No. The worst is low speed for low quality stuff.
Which Pianoteq isn't. It's the most amazing piece of music software I know, reduced to some basic parameters but unrivalled in its results. It was just a tentative suggestion.

Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others

rsantiago wrote:

You guys have to upgrade the team size, so things can be constructed in a faster pace. We'll be happier and you'll be richier

There is a "proverb" about this, which hopefully won't offend the sensibilities of anyone on this forum:

"You can't produce a baby in one month by impregnating nine women."

There is also an axiom that is relevant:

"when a organization gets larger and larger, it becomes less and less efficient."

Perhaps a good current example is General Motors.

Need I say more?

Glenn