Topic: Pianoteq not responding to certain midi controls

Hi,

It seems that pianoteq doesn't respond (it can't be assigned) to the quite a few midi controls (CC):

6, 32-63, 96-101, 122, MMC Deffered Play (perhaps there are others)

is this intended?

thanks,
Eran

M-Audio Profire 610 / Roland Fp-3 / Reaper / PianoTeq!
www.myspace.com/etalmor

Re: Pianoteq not responding to certain midi controls

They are probably special MIDI reserved commands, so don't use them. I think CC6 is Portamento time, so that has no meaning with Pianoteq.

32-63 is weird. Those are mostly freely assignable... check your MIDI controller, maybe it does something weird to MIDI assignments.

Hard work and guts!

Hi EvilDragon,

I did check my controller with a sequencer and it does respond to 32-63, etc.. More over i checked ptq with another controller, and got the exact same problem. All evidence seem to point that it's something in PTQ...

thanks
Eran

www.myspace.com/etalmor

Hi Eran,

In your list of midi CC, there are some which are reserved for a specific usage:
cc 6, cc 38 : data entry (for RPN and NRPN controls)
cc 96-101: RPN and NRPN param selection
cc 120-127 are used for various reset operations (all notes off , etc)

And then there is the range 32-63, which is supposed to be the complementary part of range 0-31 for 14 bit midi controls (see http://hinton-instruments.co.uk/referen...l/pg02.htm for example): cc 0 is for bank select coarse, cc 32 is bank select fine, etc. I agree that we could just ignore this 14-bit stuff as nobody uses it.

I didn't know about MMC Deferred play, so we are going to add it.

Thanks Julien for the quick response!

--Eran

www.myspace.com/etalmor

The *actual* bug is that the fact these MIDI bytes cannot be assigned is missing from the documentation