Topic: Update 3.0.1 available

Dear all,

We have released version 3.0.1 of Pianoteq.

This update is better optimized for G5 CPU's and contains several bugfixes. More details here. Download it from your user account.

Re: Update 3.0.1 available

Thanks Fogwall!

I like the new icon very much!

Good to have MIDI settings remembered now.

Hard work and guts!

Yes!  Thank you very much for the blue app icon!  I also like that you took another user's suggestion to remember the state of the interface over a close/open of the application (I like the velocity window showing and I no longer have to click the 'Velocity' button to bring it back each time I start up Pianoteq).

What an incredible group at Modartt!!  It really ought to be possible to receive a Nobel prize for innovation in musical instrument technology!  I can't stop raving over this piano!

Thank you all Moddart... nice touch to the icon.

Guillermo

Julien/Fogwall/Guillaume... just a hint:

Shouldn't favicon.ico for www.pianoteq.com also be set to the new blue icon? Forum one's too?

Hehe

Hard work and guts!

Yes, excellent remark mr Dragon ! I'm doing it right now

We did not expect the new icon to be such a success !

thanks very much to Modartt for such a prompt bug fix release!

julien wrote:

Yes, excellent remark mr Dragon ! I'm doing it right now

We did not expect the new icon to be such a success !

The changes were seemingly minor - until I forgot what piano I was using last time, and want to use it again (I have about 15 modified presets already).

The blue icon?  Good idea as I still occasionally use 2.3 and the two icons are together on my screen - no way to mix them up.

Glenn

Is there a way to have the Tuning, Voicing, Design and Effects windows open by default - displaying the controls?  I have to click on them each time.  The Velocity window does seem to be working as expected. 

I only ever want to see the controls, to each time have to click to get rid of the pictures.

(Opening Pianoteq 3.0.1 from a template in Cubase . . . ).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought that this was something that would now work with this update.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Last edited by Melodialworks (10-03-2009 01:56)

Melodialworks wrote:

Is there a way to have the Tuning, Voicing, Design and Effects windows open by default - displaying the controls?  I have to click on them each time.  The Velocity window does seem to be working as expected.

Thanks,

Lawrence

That's strange because mine always opens with the control sliders visible.  I'm using PT in stand alone mode, but should this make a difference?

Glenn

PS - interesting question asked on the Piano World forum - "what the hell is Pianoteq" - after my description, I suspect they were all sitting there with their mouths open.

The more I use PT, the more I realize how powerful it is.  But there is a learning curve.

Glenn NK wrote:

That's strange because mine always opens with the control sliders visible.  I'm using PT in stand alone mode, but should this make a difference?

As it is now, standalone remembers window settings, VST does not. Perhaps also a fix for this?

Hard work and guts!

I have confirmed that the state of the interface is retained in SONAR and in standalone on my PC so perhaps the behavior being observed as a VST is dependent on the DAW and not a direct issue with Pianoteq at all???

Last edited by curt (10-03-2009 16:27)

Here's just a couple of reasons why I am a PTeq convert.

1) You have a support forum........what a concept.
2) No iLok jive
3) Major improvement in sound from the first revision.
4) You fix things in a reasonable amount of time.
5 ) Sos & una corde pedals.........imagine that.
6) Your effects when sparsely used add realism.
7) And your not sensative to criticism.

I have decided to buy the Nehalem EP i7 laptop with my XITE-1.
I will have an incredibly powerful mobile rig now, and the Piano won't kill my memory subsystem or CPU.

I anxiously await the Pro version. That kind of sounds like the PTeq 3.0 isn't very " Pro ".........Ah that's just marketing deception....hehe.

Thanks Again Modartt..

Hardware Analog, DSP, PhysMod. VSTi Romplers....

I'm finding that Pianoteq 3.0.1 is still not remembering my MIDI controller settings, and is instead defaulting back to "minimal" each time?
(unless this assignment is meant to be remembered on a preset-by-preset basis, rather than globally?)

Hm, works here. Select and edit settings, then Set to default. Works globally for me.

Hard work and guts!

teamsterjim wrote:

1) You have a support forum........what a concept.
2) No iLok jive
3) Major improvement in sound from the first revision.
4) You fix things in a reasonable amount of time.
5 ) Sos & una corde pedals.........imagine that.
6) Your effects when sparsely used add realism.
7) And your not sensative to criticism.

Ditto here from me, too!  All _excellent_ points!

(And, almost a month later, I'm still playing Pianoteq 3 like a madman -- we're talking about me losing some _major_ amounts of sleep thanks to this program.  I haven't spent this much time playing my favourite _games_, for goodness' sake...  Coincidentally, I haven't played a game seriously in 3-4 years now.)

"Our developers, who art in Toulouse, hallowed be thy physical-models.
Thy version 4 come, thy new instruments be done, in the computer as it is in the wood!"