Topic: numerical coordinates for mics

hi, version 3 is great, i am just wondering if there is a numerical readout for the 3 dimensional coordinates of the mic positioning. it would be great if i could just geat a great mic position on one preset to translate to the exact same position on another preset...

Re: numerical coordinates for mics

downrazor11 wrote:

hi, version 3 is great, i am just wondering if there is a numerical readout for the 3 dimensional coordinates of the mic positioning. it would be great if i could just geat a great mic position on one preset to translate to the exact same position on another preset...

Numerical readout was asked for in another thread. You can also transfer any settings you wish using the "checkmark" icon that's next to Preset List icon. Check "all microphone settings" and when you  change presets, the mic settings will remain the same for all presets. Then you can save the other preset with the same mic settings.

Hard work and guts!

I must add that there is already a readout for mics coords that is available when you right-click on a mic. It is not exactly what was asked in the other thread, but it allows you to view coordinates and edit them.

thanks man! is it possible to save just mic settings? for example: to compare settings A with settings B and C?

yeah, the {x,y,z} coordinates are what i was looking for. i havent found anything for saving or loading mic position sets (sets of {x,y,z} coordinates), but i can always go the long way around and write down settings that provide a specific flavour of sound. thanks again!

also, maybe other users could post mic positions they have had a good attachment to, it would be helpful to see how other professionals perceive the sound that reaches their ears...

You can use the fxp files from the FIles section, those are other people's presets that you can use andfrom that you can  listen if you like specific mic settings.
If you then go to the Parameter Freeze (the checkmark icon) window you can select 'Sound recording settings'
The recording settings will then be 'saved' if you select another piano model, so you can edit your choice of piano while keeping the mic settings.

Hope that helps!

cheers
Hans

Last edited by creart (16-03-2009 08:59)