Topic: Problems in Pro Tools (RTAS)

Hi

Congratulations on the new version. I'm having some problems with using it in Pro Tools LE 8 however. When you bring up the window showing the plugin it is impossible to change any of the parameters. Clicking on anything inside the window does nothing (although things like the Pro Tools Bypass button still works). Also, when the plugin is placed as an insert Pro Tools acts very unresponsively in respect of mouse clicks and/or key strokes.

Wondered if anyone else has the same problem. I don't get the same thing happening in Ableton Live, when using the au.

This is on a Macbook Pro, 2.5ghz dual core, 4 gb ram - Leopard 10.5.6

Re: Problems in Pro Tools (RTAS)

Yes, that is a known issue of the mac version of protools 8 with some plugins, and pianoteq 3 is one of those unfortunately:

http://duc.digidesign.com/archive/index...37250.html

According to Digidesign, the CS2 should be released very soon, but until that unfortunately there is no workaround.

Ahhhh.... that sucks

Many thanks for the reply.

Pro Tools 8.0 LE CS2 is now available -- I just checked quickly and the bug seems to be gone !

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3...egoryid=36

Thanks for letting me know! Downloading now....

julien wrote:

Pro Tools 8.0 LE CS2 is now available -- I just checked quickly and the bug seems to be gone !

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3...egoryid=36

The problem is not quite gone. After inserting Pianoteq it seem to work alright. But when recording a Pianoteq instrument track (in my case into a session with 9 audio tracks of drums and bass) Pro Tools reacts slower as longer the recording goes on. When trying to stop after a couple of minutes of midi recording it sometimes takes up to 10 sec before it actually stops.

I have not yet tried other instrument plug-ins and maybe this is exclusively a Pro Tool bug? It's anyway quite annoying.

Harald.

Mac Book 2GHz intel core 2 duo Osx 10.5.6  4Gb DDR2 SDRAM

Last edited by HaraldS (01-03-2009 13:14)

I have done some more testing with Pro Tools. When playbacking the midi track Pro Tools reacts faster on comands than during recording. However not immediately. Also there is a delay when changing parameters within Pianoteq. When running Kontakt Player instead of Pianoteq there are no such problems. I have tried this out on two different computers, on a MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Osx 10.5.6 4Gb ram and on anIMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Osx 10.5.6 2Gb

Harald

HaraldS wrote:

Pro Tools reacts slower as longer the recording goes on. When trying to stop after a couple of minutes of midi recording it sometimes takes up to 10 sec before it actually stops.

Hi Harald,

I cannot reproduce it yet. Could you write to us via the support request form http://www.pianoteq.com/support_form , with all details on how to reproduce it ? If you can trigger that bug with only pianoteq loaded in protools and no other audio or instruments tracks that would be great. Let us know also your "playback engine" settings in PT.

The new update Pianoteq 3.0.1 seem to work fine with ProTools.

Harald

HaraldS wrote:

Harald

julien, have you guys, checked whether things are smooth as Harald mentioned above?

want to buy the PT 8 upgrade, hence the question.

thanks

pali wrote:
HaraldS wrote:

Harald

julien, have you guys, checked whether things are smooth as Harald mentioned above?

want to buy the PT 8 upgrade, hence the question.

thanks

I afraid I was a little bit hasty. There are still some strange behaviors in ProTools 8. A problem is that Julien cannot reproduce this errors that I experience. One could think something's wrong with my system but I have two difefferent computors and it's all same.
I don't know but maybe this is only a Mac bug?

Harald

My system:
Digi 002 ProTools 8.0 cs2
IMac/McBook: 2GHz Intel core 2 Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OSX 10.5.6