Topic: v3.0.1 with Mac Powerbook G4 issue

I have serious performance issues with v3.0.1 on a Powerbook G4.
Version 2.3 works fine but since version 3 specially the sustain pedal acts totally weird. I compared both standalone versions with the same MIDI files and whatever I try in the options menu, it won't help.
I use my powerbook for performances and got a G5 with Pro Tools cs3 and Logic in my studio. I'm afraid to install version 3 on my G5.
Anyone else?

Much respect to Modartt for creating one of the best software ever!

Johnny Lee Michaels
Composer / Producer
HELSINKI UNDERGROUND STUDIOS

Re: v3.0.1 with Mac Powerbook G4 issue

Version 3.0.0 ran on my G5 Quad but took lots of CPU power, so I had to increase the buffer size in Logic 8 which is the application I use most of the time. I admit there were CPU-intensive reverbs and other audio units involved and the project's sample rate is 88.2kHz, and there were cracks and stutters until I went to a buffer size of 512 samples.
Version 3.0.1 seems to take less CPU power (referring to the CPU meters of Logic), but I haven't gone back to 256 samples yet.
So yes, you can use 3.0.1 on your G5 (the update to 3.0.1 was intended to improve G5 performance), and why don't you install both 2.3 and 3.0 and decide for each project which one to use?

Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others

Hi Johnny,

The G4 cpu is not powerful enough for Pianoteq 3, at least not with an internal sample rate of 44kHz -- you should switch it to 22kHz in the "options/perf" panel. As Jope said, you can have version 2.3 and 3.0 installed at the same time, there will be no conflict between the two.

If you feel that your sustain pedal problem might be a bug, please contact us via the support form http://www.pianoteq.com/support_form (joining a midi excerpt that shows the problem may also help).

Thanx a lot for the fast reply. I guess I'll have to stick with v2.3 on the G4 for the time being and upgrade to v3 on the G5.
Such great new features in v3!
I wonder if there ever would become a way, (an application?) to convert your own samples to Pianoteq environment, like in convolution technology?