Topic: Great hidden feature

Hi, all!

I downloaded the demo version of Pianoteq v3.  Wow!  Great sound.  To those who say that v2.3 seemed to sing better, v3 just needs tweaking like decreasing hammer sound, adjusting volume of some section of the keyboard, etc. 

I discovered this:  Try double-clicking on the volume slider to see what happens.  This feature was not mentioned in the ads nor in the manual but a very great feature.  I wonder how Modartt missed to tell us.

Re: Great hidden feature

If you are suggesting that some things are missing from the manual, I'd like to agree.

Absolutely a great program, no question about that, but I find the manual a bit thin.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's my impression.  However this does not stop me from touting the value of this program whenever I can.

Glenn

Sorry to hear that, indeed the information is completely hidden on page 27 (output section): "A double click on the volume slider allows adjusting the volume note by note.". We are wondering if such information should be written in the manual (with the risk that nobody reads it) or have some special "tips and tricks information" available through the interface.

or have a special "in depth" section in the manual?

As a technical writer by profession, ahem,
I would vote for putting as much detailed information in the manual as possible.

Yes, many people blunder through life without reading manuals, but these people also miss many details.
Smart rigorous people do read manuals, and find things out

guillaume wrote:

We are wondering if such information should be written in the manual (with the risk that nobody reads it).

Oh please include anything and EVERYTHING in the manual!!!  I read manuals like they are romance novels or something!!  Page by page!!  I know that some (maybe even most) don't read them or only leaf through them but thinning them out for that reason means that people like me learn less. 

guillaume wrote:

Sorry to hear that, indeed the information is completely hidden on page 27.

OK, now THAT was funny!!

guillaume wrote:

Sorry to hear that, indeed the information is completely hidden on page 27 (output section):

OK, I deserved that.

When will you be publishing "Pianoteq for Dummies".?

Just want to state again - this is a marvelous piece of work and programming.

I'm always impressed when an upgraded software with more features and more power that the previous one, takes less HDD space while adding features.

Version 2.3 takes 29.83 MB of HDD space.
Version 3.0 takes 22.71 MB of HDD space.

Yes, and I'm slowly learning how to read - but apparently comprehension is failing me in my old age (fortunately my sense of humour isn't).

Glenn

A small correction:

"Version 2.3 and 3.0 have the same number of built-in instruments:
C1, C2, M1, Misc for v2.3, and C3, M3, R1, W1 for v3. Besides, version 3
has more images in the interface."

Last edited by Beto-Music (26-02-2009 15:28)

I didn't know about this hidden feature until I read about it on the forum.
Well, it's a GREAT feature to have, and makes a huge difference for me in programming new pianos.

Speaking of funny hidden features, I don't know if I am the first one to notice that the Random button does its job by randomly shaking the display! Quite amusing...

I found this out when I played around with the echo effects that you can obtain by moving microphones far away and playing with relative volumes and delay. I tried getting a random non-piano sound and burst out laughing!

What about chage the random button, to make it roll the Tuning, Voicing and Design  like a slot machine after push the crank?

:-)

That would be really, really funny.

http://webscripts.softpedia.com/screens...-25281.png