Topic: Summer Heat mp3

I uploaded a mp3 Summer Heat unfortunately the sound doesnt come across the same on the web when listening to it add some high mids the feeling of pipes is missing on the web unless you download the file and use it in one of your apps maybe it  will sound true

my yamaha P90 velocity is set on soft

Last edited by ranger (22-02-2009 19:37)

Re: Summer Heat mp3

Some controller  or digital pianos needs to be adjusted for velocity sensibility, before we adjust pianoteq velocity curve.

For example, my Roland F-90 it's set to medium sensibility when turn ON. But mediun sensibility creates a lower dynamic range, compared to heavy sensibility. So I first set to the Roland piano to heavy and then adjust pianoteq velocity.
By this approach I get FFF indicators, in the pianoteq velocity curve graphic, only when I really strike very hard a key.

Unfotunatelly single keys, when striked hard and alone, still have no loud sound on pianoteq, even when compared FFF to F strikes.
For a chord it sounds more adequate in loudness difference, but for single keys strike, strangely don't.
In a demo of Old Lady library, I remamber a FFF strike had a very loud and nice sound, like a real piano when we strike a key very hard and get a almost "thunder" sound.

I try to adjust velocity curves graphic on pianoteq, in order to make the lower velocities even lower, and so less loud, top give ilusion the F to FF strikes are louder. But only works moderately.

Well, it's not a thing that would concern classic pianists, since a single key thunder strike it's not usually present in compositions.  But I particularly miss this...

Last edited by Beto-Music (23-02-2009 15:41)

Re: Summer Heat mp3

Beto-Music wrote:

Some controller  or digital pianos needs to be adjusted for velocity sensibility, before we adjust pianoteq velocity curve.

For example, my Roland F-90 it's set to medium sensibility when turn ON. But mediun sensibility creates a lower dynamic range, compared to heavy sensibility. So I first set to the Roland piano to heavy and then adjust pianoteq velocity.
By this approach I get FFF indicators, in the pianoteq velocity curve graphic, only when I really strike very hard a key.

Unfotunatelly single keys, when striked hard and alone, still have no loud sound on pianoteq, even when compared FFF to F strikes.
For a chord it ounds more adequate in loudness difference, but for single keys strike, strangely don't.
In a demo ol Old Lady library, I remamber a FFF strike had a very loud and nice sound, like a real piano when we strike a key very hard and get a almost "thunder" sound.

I try to adjust velocity curves graphic on pianoteq, in order to make the lower velocities even lower, and so less loud, top give ilusion the F to FF strikes are louder. But only works moderately.

Well, it's not a thing that would concern classic pianists, since a single key thunder strike it's not usually present in compositions.  But I particularly miss this...

I'll try this out and upload a new file
the Ideal was get the strings resonate after the key stroke in a high pitch it worked where i was sitting sounded exactly what I wanted

so the file I uploaded I left alot of spaces so you can hear the tails
but no such luck