Topic: V2.x FXP settings lost for V3?

I failed to load my favorite Jazz Piano settings from V2.3 into V.3
V3 tells me that the instrument "Grand M1 Jazz" is missing.

Question: how to continue the use of Instruments from V2.3 in V3??
Don't tell me that this will not work!
V3 should at least offer an import option.

Regards, Bram

Re: V2.x FXP settings lost for V3?

There's an update posted, download from user area and install again!

Hard work and guts!

And make sure you have the V2.ptq addon installed as well (otherwise it still won't load them)

Last edited by MUZE (21-02-2009 13:53)

@EvilDragon. What updated post? A newer version than 3.0.0?? I just installed the very latest version V3.0.0 and it did not work.

@MUZE, where can I find the V2.ptq you told me about?

Did not work !! I updated, droped the V.2 in the pianoteq folder in drive C, and nothing appeared.

But I went into the section "options" of Pianoteq 3 and to Add-ons section, and followed the instrunction and dropped the add-on to the folder Doccuments and settings, like it was showe.

Julien, please update the instrunctions, since the Add-on installation it's not the same for pianote 3 like is to pianoteq 2.3

I think many people are just following the old instrunctions.

By the way, where is the noise adjusts. I heard too much key noise...

Last edited by Beto-Music (21-02-2009 14:46)

Everyone... go to your User area, there is a new version of Pianoteq (v3.0.0/20090218), install it. Then download both KiViR.ptq and http://www.pianoteq.com/download?file=V2.ptq (that's the V2 models). You must be logged in your user area to click on this link!

Then put them in Addon folder and reload Pianoteq. It MUST work, because it's working for me - old models and FXPs are correctly loaded!

Addons MUST be installed in directory as follows:

C:\Documents And Settings\$username\Application Data\Modartt\Pianoteq30\Addons

Note that Application Data is a hidden folder.

OR, you can load Pianoteq standalone, click Options, go to Add-ons tab, and look at the very bottom of that page and click on THIS FOLDER, it will open you the EXACT place you need to drop .ptq files!

Julien and everyone - I told you that you should've kept V2 way of loading ptq's ^^' I kind of figured these kind of situations were bound to happen.

Last edited by EvilDragon (21-02-2009 14:46)
Hard work and guts!

@EvilDevil, thanks for your comments.

Pianoteq V3 obviously ignored my previous installation of V2.3, otherwise it would know my addons. They are not in the default location for good reasons, at least for V2.3. The installation routine should take care of the previous settings and instruments. Or at least inform the user during installation that he is loosing former instruments and settings and how to overcome that.

-----
I now probably understand the requirements.

For continued use of original V2.3 instruments V2.ptq needs to be downloaded into the Addons directory.

For continued use of historical instruments KIViR.ptq needs to be downloaded into the Addons directory.

For continued use of user contributed instruments for V2.3 each individual instrument.ptq needs to be downloaded into the Addons directory.

The "Addons directory" seems to be located by default (V3) in:
..\username\application data\Modartt\Pianoteq30\Addons

For other language installations please use a localized name for "\application data\", like for example "\Anwendungsdaten\" in German...

Pianoteq must be restarted before the functionality will work.

Pianoteq reported to me that again has to reactivated because of something changed in my computer.  I don't know why it's so sensitive.

But V3 is again great software!

I updated Pianoteq 3.0  today, and there were no Add-on folder to drop anything.  I had to drop the Kivir add-on in a folter from a link founded on the Pianoteq >> Options >> Add-on.
That worked but only by this way !!!

Are you telleing me there is a second upodated of version 3.0???

Last edited by Beto-Music (21-02-2009 17:59)

My experience:

When 3.0 was first released, I had it up and running within minutes.

But the old pianos (C2 Chamber) did not appear.

Then PT announced that there was a "bug", and that it was fixed.

I downloaded the fixed version of PT 3.0 and reinstalled it.

Following the "Dragon's" method (it's different than the old way - follow the instruction), everything works just fine.

I now have all the C1's, the C2's, the Erard, the Shantz, the Graf, etc.

But the Electro-Acoustic, the Marimba, Metalaphone, and Pianorga are GONE.  They didn't like these and killed them.

However, the new Hybrid is really very nice (as Evil Dragon has pointed out in another thread).

Good luck - perhaps an uninstall and reinstall will help.

Glenn

@Beto-Music

Some posts are a little confusing.
There is NO newer update than Version 3.0.0. at this time.
There is NO "Options" menu in PianoTeq.

If you start Pianoteq V3.0, you can choose "File"; "Audio/Midi setup"; The "pianoteq V3.0.0 options" will pop-up now. Click the button "Add-ons" and you will see a footer (character size ca. 6 pica) with links to the "support page" where to find the required *.ptq add-ons; and to the folder where these  *.ptq add-ons should be stored like this: "C:\documents and settings\username\Application Data\Modartt\Pianoteq30\Addons"

Enjoy

Not real update, but buggy fix
Option- I mean after call pianoteq pluging, there is a option button, in the top right corner of the window.

In my Window 32 bits version of Pianote 3.0, there is no file called Add-On, to we drop anything. Version 2.3 have, but my 3.0 have not.

Last edited by Beto-Music (21-02-2009 19:29)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5363/pianoteq3.th.jpg

Last edited by Beto-Music (21-02-2009 19:43)

Beto-Music wrote:

In my Window 32 bits version of Pianote 3.0, there is no file called Add-On, to we drop anything. Version 2.3 have, but my 3.0 have not.

I created a file folder as follows:

C:Program Files\Pianoteq 3.0\Add-ons

But the easiest method for me (using Firefox as my browser) is to drag the saved file icon from the Desktop onto the Pianteq interface and it's installed.

Really slick.

Glenn