Topic: Pianoteq 2.1 realised. Let's comment about.

Ok, Pianoteq 2.1 it's available now.

I will test it and prepare a review.
   Let's opine again :-)

Re: Pianoteq 2.1 realised. Let's comment about.

Pianoteq 2.1 is much better, more realistic, the sound kind of bends after the initial attack like on an acoustic, 2.01 sounded a little bit synthetic, but 2.1 to me is closer to an acoustic than any other digital piano sound I've heard, except for 1 that matches pianoteq but it is less convenient.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was referring to the great sound of the new preset Grand C2 concert exclusively.

The cyber piano preset is great, it feels somewhat like a clavinet D6 from years ago. These add ons are a great idea.

The new version sounds wonderful. Always improving. Thanks for the pitch bend. One thing, it didn't appear automatically as a plug in vst instrument in Cubase after installing. I had to remove the older pianoteq20.vst file from library/audio/plug-ins/vst, before it would see the newer pianoteq21.vst one. Both were in there, but only v20 seemed to register. No big deal, thought I'd let you know.
Using Macbook Pro, Cubase 4.0.3

cheers jeff
THANKS FOR THIS FANTASTIC INSTRUMENT AGAIN GUYS! Merci mille fois.

jeffbart wrote:

The cyber piano preset is great, it feels somewhat like a clavinet D6 from years ago. These add ons are a great idea.

cyber piano preset?

Anyway, the Grand C2 concert patch is wonderful. Very full and rich, expressive and a pleasure to play.

The pitch bend sounds totally wrong with the piano presets--eek!--but it works as advertised and will be useful with the less-piano-sounding settings. Is it possible to tie it to poly aftertouch yet?

For me, the MIDI assignment improvements are the icing on the cake. They just work; which is excellent.

Thanks for the fine work.

I found the pitchbend quite interesting in that the "string" sound hangs while the tone bends.  You get a different sound than any other bending I've heard before.  If you tune the bending on your controller to be very small you can make very subtle changes in tuning.

Not sure if i'd use it yet but I do like the possibility for new ideas to arise.

Generally the sound is sharper, which I have to get used to.  Only just tried it for a little while.  It still encouraged me to play which is a good sign.

And I like the drag and drop of fxps.  Just open up the fxp folder and away i go.  No faffing with menus in menus.  Next would be a fxp list to selection from via programme changes (after the 'factory presets' for example).

Plus, I copied the other pianos over from 2.0 but they don't show up in 2.1.  Why would this be?

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your responses.

If you have any support issues, please use the support form so that our support staff can assist you effectively.

doug wrote:
jeffbart wrote:

cyber piano preset?

it's available at the bottom of the download area (Free Pianoteq Add-ons section) from our support page

jeffbart wrote:

One thing, it didn't appear automatically as a plug in vst instrument in Cubase after installing. I had to remove the older pianoteq20.vst file from library/audio/plug-ins/vst, before it would see the newer pianoteq21.vst one. Both were in there, but only v20 seemed to register. No big deal, thought I'd let you know.
Using Macbook Pro, Cubase 4.0.3

Thanks for this hint - the same on my system (Windows XP SP2, Cubase 4.0.3) but it didn't occur to me to delete v20. Now it works also as VSTi!

I'm also a fan of the new concert grand preset. The sound has more "body" now. Thanks for your good work!

yes the pitch bend (with pedal down) is very interesting !

Pianoteq as VSTi

It's not strictly necessary to delete older Pianoteq versions, which may be present (by default they are in different subfolders of your VST plugins folder). Just change the file extension on the older pianoteq.dll - for example to pianteq.dl_ - this is sufficient to prevent the VST host from seeing version 2.0.x .