Topic: PTQ 3 - next step?

I love PTQ3! It has so much depth and the weight is there in the bass that was missing in PTQ2, we have the jazzy grand people were clamouring for and even the EPs that I don't anyone thought would appear. Of course we still have the wonderful historical instruments, Harpsichords, Pianofortes and historical grands (the Erard sounds even better in PTQ3!)

Still no upright though? Any plans afoot to add a down and dirty blues upright? A Fats Waller Stride special or a nice Lennon & McCartney Abbey Road beauty?

Re: PTQ 3 - next step?

There WAS an upright model in the beta, but opinions of testers were varying (mainly because the piano was set up in the MIDDLE of the virtual room, and uprights are generally put against a wall, and we don't have a feature to move the piano in the virtual room, yet). I suppose Modartt decided not to include the U1 model at this date, but they will update it and release as a free add-on afterwards.

Last edited by EvilDragon (20-02-2009 12:02)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

I suppose Modartt decided not to include the U1 model at this date, but they will update it and release as a free add-on afterwards.

That's great news! I really hope you're right and they do release the U1 later in the 3 series! Thanks for the info!

Last edited by BazC (20-02-2009 11:25)

Bear in mind that those are only my speculations, I'm not the one to be asked about Modartt's business moves ^^' It's just the thing I also kind of hope that it will happen.

Hard work and guts!

Absolutely! Hopefully someone from Moddartt will be along and comment later!

Hi all,
It is true that we have worked on an upright model but we were not satisfied with it during the beta tests, and still we are not satisfied with it. It is lacking character and would probably not fulfill your expectations. Indeed, we are still looking for a really nice sounding and original upright piano to model.

Thanks Guillaume, at least we know you're working on it so I'm sure we'll get a great upright at some point!

Last edited by BazC (20-02-2009 12:37)

hi guillaume, I can borrow mine if you can move to milano. It's a 35 years old yamaha and has one of the best sound I've ever heard on a vertical (maybe because it's mine ). I can try to understand wich model it is if interested.
Thanx to the team for the wonderful upgrade..