Topic: Piano solo contest - listen and vote!

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who participated in the piano solo contest!

Below we present a list of 10 entries. Please listen to them all, then reply in this thread who you vote for, and feel free to add your comments.

All participants must also vote in this thread to be able to compete for the winner prize: a Pianoteq licence. Each one of the 3 top entries will win one Pianoteq licence.

The votes are weighed, taking into account how long time each voting forum member has been registered and active in this forum. We permit one vote per member and will present the final result on Monday December 15.

Please note: to be able to listen to the entries, you must be a registered member. If you are not a member yet, please register here.

THE COMPETING ENTRIES:
(sorted in alphabetical order by last name first)

#1: by Heinke Aussenegg

#2: by James Brinkhoff

#3: by Dado Dzihan

#4: by Ron Eddo

#5: by Peter Hall Korbel

#6: by Hans Holema

#7: by Marin Limic

#8: by Jakob Magiera

#9: by Potaji To

#10: by Christopher Webber

Re: Piano solo contest - listen and vote!

Hello, here's my vote :

#4: by Ron Eddo

I also vote for #4 Ron Eddo.  That one grabbed my attention from the beginning and wouldn't let go.

There were many nice efforts however.

Jon

All entries are worthy...but...

I vote for #3 by Dado Dzihan.

The background music, while jazzy, also has elements suggesting experimentation and I think #3 best used these hints, being also the only one to add a piano intro and so taking charge of the piece, rather than stay restricted to the more timid harmonic commenting I find in other entries.

This entry also reverted to jazz when necessary and to a more straight rythmic feel when called upon. Nice use of the resonant harp effect, I thought.

#2 and #4 where the best "jazz only" entries to my ear with #4 displaying the best playing technique and best integration with the background and #2 finding interesting harmonies.

Congratulations to all!

My Vote:
#4 Ron Eddo

#4 Ron Eddo

Number #6 Hans Holema

Hi there,

my vote goes to No: 2 James Brinkhoff.

Dado
ps...thanks Gilles. Appreciate your comment.

I vote for #3: by Dado Dzihan.
Even though I think Ron Eddo has the better composition, Dado's is refreshingly different from the rest. Good work everyone!

My vote is for 02 James Brinkhoff

Gilles wrote:

All entries are worthy...but...

I vote for #3 by Dado Dzihan.

The background music, while jazzy, also has elements suggesting experimentation and I think #3 best used these hints, being also the only one to add a piano intro and so taking charge of the piece, rather than stay restricted to the more timid harmonic commenting I find in other entries.

This entry also reverted to jazz when necessary and to a more straight rythmic feel when called upon. Nice use of the resonant harp effect, I thought.

#2 and #4 where the best "jazz only" entries to my ear with #4 displaying the best playing technique and best integration with the background and #2 finding interesting harmonies.

Congratulations to all!

Ditto !  No need to repeat.  But Dzihan's da man.

"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."

I just love that piano sound !!  Aged

My favorite is No #3 by Dado Dzihan

My vote : Dado_Dzihan - loved the intro, scary chords and nice sound design

Enjoyed all others, especially Ron_Eddo - cool triplet runs caught my ear, Hans_Holema with the sweet sounds and poppy melodies, and Peter_Hall_Korba keeping me on the edge of the seat with no idea what was coming next.

Thanks all

My vote goes for
#3: by Dado Dzihan

I suppose there is no possibility to vote for yourself, so I give my vote to #4 ! :-)

Hi All,

I vote for #2 James Brinkhoff.

And my thanks to all of you who voted for, or had a kind word for my entry.

I'm glad you found something to like in it.

Ron Eddo

Number 2 his voicings create a nice tension and and blend well with piece although its a hard choice with a couple other entries

Hi

My vote goes to #4, Ron Eddo
Good luck to everyone! and good job, all!

Hans Holema

Thanks for the incoming votes so far. On Monday evening, the Modartt team will add their final votes and present the winners.

If you have not voted for your favourite entry yet, do it now, it is not too late.

# 6

Hi,

congratulations to all 10 entries, you have done a wonderful job. It is very interesting to see those different ideas based on the same playback.

Allthough I have to admit that I liked most of the entries and it is hard to decide which one is "the best", my vote goes to James Brinkhoff (#2) for nice voicing and cool timing.

Frank