Topic: Pianoteq video contest - instructions

Pianoteq video contest - instructions

Here is your chance to show the world what you can do with Pianoteq 4 in front of the camera. At the same time, you will get a chance to win a value coupon of up to 400 € for purchasing Pianoteq products in our online store.

Rules:

As from today (October 17th) until November 11th, publish your own video on YouTube where you are using Pianoteq 4, such as playing the piano or demonstrating a feature.

The video clip needs to be new, thus not published before October 17th.

It needs to be clear to the viewer that you are using Pianoteq 4, either by showing the interface, talking about Pianoteq 4 or displaying Pianoteq 4 in text.

When your video is posted, announce it in this thread and feel free to provide some further details about it.

You may publish more than one video if you want and each video will be participating in the contest. You may also inform your friends about your video and encourage them to watch it.

Based on a mix of popularity (number of "likes") and quality (content), we will decide 3 winners which we will announce on November 14.

The contest is open for everyone. If you are not yet a customer, you may use the latest trial version.

Prizes to win - value coupons, valid in our online store:

1st prize: 400
2nd prize: 250
3rd prize: 100

All other contestants will get a consolation prize of 10 € each!

If you have any question, just reply to this post. You may also contact us directly.

Re: Pianoteq video contest - instructions

Hi Niclas.

Some general technical help would be welcome.

We see many youtube videos with por sound or poor edition, or made with poor speakers. Some videos about pianoteq use such sound option or adjusts, that make pianoteq sound poor.

What about some tips to avoid that?

Beto-Music wrote:

Hi Niclas.

Some general technical help would be welcome.

We see many youtube videos with por sound or poor edition, or made with poor speakers. Some videos about pianoteq use such sound option or adjusts, that make pianoteq sound poor.

What about some tips to avoid that?

Good suggestion. Maybe the following page would be helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/create

Cool idea, thanks.

Popularity it's difficlt to judge.

The number of "likes" or the percentual of "likes'????

Who already have a famous channels, with many followers, will have no problem to get hundred of positive comments.

Beto-Music wrote:

Popularity it's difficlt to judge.

The number of "likes" or the percentual of "likes'????

Who already have a famous channels, with many followers, will have no problem to get hundred of positive comments.

Yes, we will take all these things into consideration. Winners will be decided based on both quality and popularity and where we take into account several factors.

Is this contest open only for Pianoteq customers or some YouTubers can submit even a video where they play a Pianoteq demo?

Last edited by Chopin87 (18-10-2012 14:39)
"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Chopin87 wrote:

Is this contest open only for Pianoteq customers or some YouTubers can submit even a video where they play a Pianoteq demo?

It is open for everybody.

Well, changing the rules afterwards and cause of that delete postings is a (not) very good way to scare away formerly happy customers...
So i register for this forum, search the video, write & edit the posting here several times (cause only the old youtubevideo URL works with preview in here, which i had to find out by myself), and telling my personal positive history with pianoteq addons was a xyz big waste of time.
...sucks ...

Piayes, first of all, we are sorry that we had to remove a few posts here including yours. The rules were told in the instruction thread but apparently we were not clear enough. This caused apparently some confusion and we made you, and probably a few others, upset. Sorry about that. You are welcome creating a new video and link to that instead.

Apart from showing what Pianoteq can do, may the video have a caption with my music web site ?

G

Hello,

in the news on pianoteq page there is:

Publish your own video on YouTube where you are using Pianoteq 4, such as playing the piano or demonstrating a feature.

but here in the first post we have:

Here is your chance to show the world what you can do with Pianoteq 4 in front of the camera.

My question is whether it's required to use camera and show myself and my keyboard  or  can video be created completely virtually, with no real (i.e. recorded by camera) image? Also, does performance needs to be real or will MIDI rendering suffice to conform the rules? (it's not explicitly disallowed as it is right now, just want to be sure)

EDIT: I don't own the PianoTeq license and trial version disables some notes, so would it be ok to ask a friend who owns PianoTeq 4 to do the rendering of my MIDI file and use his recording in the video?

Last edited by przemoc (21-10-2012 12:39)

przemoc wrote:

My question is whether it's required to use camera and show myself and my keyboard  or  can video be created completely virtually, with no real (i.e. recorded by camera) image? Also, does performance needs to be real or will MIDI rendering suffice to conform the rules? (it's not explicitly disallowed as it is right now, just want to be sure)

EDIT: I don't own the PianoTeq license and trial version disables some notes, so would it be ok to ask a friend who owns PianoTeq 4 to do the rendering of my MIDI file and use his recording in the video?

It does not need to be a real (recorded by video camera) video. However, to only display one or two still images would look a bit insufficient, we recommend there should be at least a collage of animated still images. You can also use a screen capture recording software to record Pianoteq usage.

MIDI rendering is fine. We recommend though to clarify when a MIDI file is being used in the video. You may use sequenced MIDI files but we do not recommend it as they usually sound bad (very static performance).

Yes, you may use the Pianoteq 4 copy of your friend for producing the video.

2mGamma wrote:

Apart from showing what Pianoteq can do, may the video have a caption with my music web site ?

G

Yes, that's fine.

Thanks for all the entries we received so far! (you can watch those here)

Just a kind reminder that Sunday is the last day to participate with new entries.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, just let me know.