Topic: education version

Hi !

I was wondering if there will ever be a discounted "education version" of Pianoteq ? This plug-in could be awesome used in concervatories or schools ! I am pretty sure that, as an "agrégé in maths", Philippe Guillaume could be sensitive to such an argument !

Anyway, this piano is great and I am looking forward to buy it soon.

PS : there is an education version of The Grand and Akoustik...

Re: education version

Yes, we do offer academic licenses to music students. Please contact us directly if interested.

OK, thank you ! Does it apply for students in other fields ? I am myself a student in life sciences...

Music field only, or closely related (such as audio or recording engineering).

You mentioned students. How about teachers?

Yes, teachers (and researchers) as well.

Fogwall wrote:

Yes, teachers (and researchers) as well.

Since we are talking about education, what about educative plugins?

Some pianos, like Roland advanced models, offer pedagogic interface on the LCD display. Able to slow play single songs, or give slow notes, to the student follong playing, alerting for mistakes.

For more ahead maybe.

Wish I had known about this discount before I purchased!

Well, it's a good idea.

Many piano students are usually learning in old pianos, not well maintained, out of tune.
   Some schools are investing on digital pianos. 

For piano beginner it's welcome learn even in a sampled piano, as it's always in tune, since a out tune piano tends to miss train the ears, and people who got used to out tune may tends to strange a tuned piano.
   The probleme comes more ahead, when music become more complex and the limitations of most sampled pianos become a problem.  You can't expect a student of the technical level , to be pleased with average sampled piano.

Like said pianist Hugh Sung: "I always hated, really hated to play in digital pianos, until find pianoteq."  For hin the lack of variances on pianissimo and progressive slow rising of velocity was always a anoying problem in sampled pianos.

Also most schools couldn't pay for a expensive top CPU computer to run the last modern giant (space required)  piano sampled libraries.