Topic: Looking for performers...

Hi.

I'm Nikolas Sideris working my way towards a PhD in composition in Royal Holloway, University of London.

For my PhD I've been working for quite some time now, on a solo piano piece with a huge twist!

And for this solo piano piece I need to get as many performances of it, as possible. So I decided to go the digital way!

I will give you the midi file and the score in PDF format, as well as various bits and pieces of information and I hope for you to tweak the midi file, or perform it or do whatever you want to create some realistic result from it. In the end you will return the midi file and I will use pianoteq in order to render it into audio. In the meantime the tempo, the note placement (humanize), velocities will be YOUR work, ergo YOUR performance.

You will be credited for the work that you will do, but unfortunately there is no budget, the project being a non commercial one, and I cannot offer any kind of fee. However Mordatt have agreed to offer 1 free license copy to one person from those who help out! In the beginning I was planning to find the 'best' performance, etc, but I find this to be too ugly on my behlaf so I decided to take it to a draw of some sort... So one person (random) will win a copy of pianoteq, sponsored from Pianoteq! (and I'm in debt to them about this!)

Here is a small excerpt of the music: http://www.nikolas-sideris.com/CUDe/CUDE_showreel.mp3

It is a very small sample of the piece. I can't share the whole thing, since I don't want to influence any possible performers towards 'right' or 'wrong'.

I do hope that the whole experience will not be too intimidating, or danting and it is my hope that the music will be rewarding in its self. Unfortunaly I can't share much else about the project, until completed, but feel assured that:
a. It is a non commercial project. There is no financial gain.
b. You will get a full copy of the project, once done.
c. It is original and I doubt if it's been done before.

So. Anyone interested into tackling such a project, please e-mail me at mail *AT* nikolas-sideris *DOT* com.

Thank you and thanks to Niclas and Mordatt for helping out and having pianoteq (which does appear to be one of the very few digital pianos, able to performe such a piece (which requires una corda, sostenuto pedalling, extensive use of sympathetique resonance, etc)

Nikolas