Topic: musichelp presentation

Hi everybody!
You probably don't know about me, but I work as a songwriter, remixer and music producer in Sweden. My name is Fredrik Muskos and I have been in the music industry for approx 20 years. Only the last 4-5 years I have been working with others, like remixing, producing and writing for them.

Let me tell you, in brief, how I work. usually, when I start with a new track I only use Logic's built-in instruments and effects. Not because the sounds, but the loading time. I'm working in a quite lo-end environment, so speed is essential when it comes to put things in place when I am creating.

Then, when the song/remix is nearly finished, I usually re-map some instruments with my favourites. And when it comes to piano, my first choise has been Pianoteq for quite a while now. 'Cause in my opinion, Pianoteq offers great variety and excellent sound. I have never failed in finding a piano sound that would fit the song I am working on!

Some of you might ask, "why not stick to Logic's own?". I'll give you two reasons:
1) Pianoteq offers more variety in sound, which makes it easier to find the exact sound to fit the song.
2) Pianoteq sounds like a real piano. Nuff said.

Well there you go. No need to say I am a very happy user of Pianoteq and will continue to be so. Unfortunately, working in the music production and remix business, I can't provide many links, but here are some samples of remixes I have done: http://www.cutpaste.org/?page_id=76

If there's a track i specific you'd like to listen to, please contact me and I'll see what I can do - fredrik@musichelp.se

My remix of Strangers In Wonderland's song Addicted, in which I used Pianoteq, peaked at #1 on the Swedish Download Charts at CDON.com on Nov 19, 2008.

Also it entered the official Swedish single chart this week (7 december 2008) on #55 and is a runner up for the Tracks chart which is the chart where the pople's votes counts.

Best,
Fredrik

Last edited by musichelp (09-12-2008 04:06)