Topic: About Pianoteq Harpsichords

Hello. I’m a harpsichord student and I’m considering to buy Pianotec because the harpsichords add-on instruments but I have some questions about pianoteq. I’ve seen that there is a Blanchet double-manual harpsichord (wonderful). I would like to know what happens if I connect two midi keyboards (as a low-manual and an upper-manual) to pianoteq. Could I get two differents timbres in each keyboard as it was an authentic double-manual harpsichord? And what about the lute stop (harpsichord register)?  Could I get authentic different harpsichord sounds?

Besides, there is also an Italian single-manual harpsichord (good for continuo parts) and a French double manual-harpsichord (good for French Baroque music like Couperin, etc.). It would be nice add a Flemish double-manual harpsichord (Ruckers are great) and a German one (Goermans for example) for German Baroque music like Bach, Telemann, etc.

Re: About Pianoteq Harpsichords

I think only in future versions that will be possible.

I am not sure if this would be an acceptable approach, but couldn't you connect two keyboards to a computer than use a program like Cantabile (free version or purchased) with two version of Pianoteq?  Then program one version for one midi channel, the other for another channel.  Then, change one of the Pianoteq versions sound as desired to get the different timbres?  I don't know enough about harpsichords, though to know if this would create the desired realism.  Also, I don't know about the "lute stop register" question - my knowledge of harpsichords is rather small.

the lute stop is a "muted string" mode available on most harpsichords, it produces a (nice) lute-like sound, hence the name