Topic: Is Pianoteq as good as real pianos? Why not?

Pianoteq is a fantastic product, and probably the best non-real piano out there (although many people think the Synthology Ivory sampled piano - all 40 gigabytes worth, is better.  I'm not sure, but the Ivory has a very good bottom end, just like a real grand piano, and I believe the Pianoteq can use improvement in that area.   And after a lot of research on the internet, I've found that virtually every reviewer (including many reliable, viable sources, like popular magazines), feels that Pianoteq suffers in one major area:  the bass portion of the keyboard. 

I'm not complaining, because this piano is a wonderful achievement, and for the money, is an absolute bargain.  In fact, I have a 2002 Yamaha C2 ebony grand - almost 6', and my pianoteq I swear, sounds better!  But I have heard many Steinways and others, that also sound better, mainly due to the aforementioned bottom end.  I have tried to post an mp3 of one of them today, but have not been able to do so to this point.

The posting is an mp3 excerp of an album I just purchased: "Common Places" by Starr Parodi.  This album won the 2007 "Album Of The Year" award by the talented and knowledgeable people at the "Whisperings" website.  By the way, this site is loaded with great piano music! Anyway, if you listen to the mp3, you'll hear some thundering bass notes, if you play it on the louder side, and this sound, is what I would love to have.

Take this as a request to the good folks at Modartt to improve this great piano even more than it presently is, and not as a complaint.

I'll post the mp3 as soon as the forum allows me to.     And once again, I would love any feedback on this topic.

Music is the fuel of my soul engine

Re: Is Pianoteq as good as real pianos? Why not?

The error message I got when I tried to post the mp3 was, "The directory is full"

Re: Is Pianoteq as good as real pianos? Why not?

I need to apologize to everyone.  I said i would post an mp3 to demonstrate a strong bottom end.  When I tried to post, I was not allowed, because management said I needed permission first from the artist - Starr Parodi, even though it was only a 20-second or so excerpt. 

I have sent an email to the artist, requesting permission.  When I get it, I'll post the file.  If some time elapses and I don't get the permission needed, I'll find another example of what I'm trying to show.   Thank you