Topic: "sticky keys"

Hello,

I am currently using the trial version of Pianoteq, but am very inclined to buy the full version provided I get some problems solved.

I am using a Clavinova CVP-307 electronic piano connected to my Notebook Computer (HP Pavillion 2317us) via a M-AUDIO Firewire 412 interface.

I keep getting lots and lots of missed keys and "sticky" keys (it seems as some note-on and note-off commands are not being recognized by the Pianoteq program).

I have worked with midi systems before and know that you can get sticky keys once in a long while but as it is, sticky keys and missed keys are the rule.  I cannot use Pianoteq to my satisfaction that way.

What might be the problem? I will try new cables. Do you think this could be a software problem?

Is any of the users here experiencing the same problem?

Marcelo Silva

Re: "sticky keys"

The trial version it's really that way. It have not certain keys.

The full version, of course, have all keys.  :-)

Thank you for your help, but the problem I am experiencing is not the silent keys in the trial version.

The problem is that, especially when playing many notes at once, some keys will be missed (not the silent keys!), and some will remain sounding, as if they were still depressed (sticky).

Could this be due to faulty midi cables?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Hello Marcelo,

this sounds like a bad driver or a misconfiguration. There was a similar effect with my Behringer FW interface. After reconfiguring all audio drivers and re-installation this was fixed.

Rainer

I tested with other VST host and the problem is not PianoTeq-specific.

I don't think it's the drivers, because for everything else my sound board works ok, and the drivers ar up to date.

I will try that anyway, and also changing the MIDI cables.

As soon as I get the problem solved I will let you know how I did it.

Thank you.

Marcelo

OK, problem solved!!!

Here's how I did it:

I connected my CVP-307 to the computer directly via USB, using its "USB to host" port and USB midi drivers by Yamaha.

And this was suggested to me by a local hardware store salesperson, not by a technician or an engineer!  Shame on me for underestimating her!

I am proceeding to buy the full version of Pianoteq right now, 'cause now I am fully satisfied with the product.

Marcelo