Topic: Songwriting Rock Cantabile splits file uploaded to Files area

I just uploaded a working version of Songwriting Rock Piano(still in progress). I chose this name to indicate that it's a "rock" piano, but not a "rock" piano in the sense that it's meant for fast, loud, pounding.

The intentions, here:

1. To revise the octave immediately below middle C in the M1-Rock preset so that it was less bright at low velocities. (The timbre is much closer, now, to what I want: more bass in that area. The notes seem a little low in volume, however. Still working on this...)
2. More generally, to create, in the area around middle C, a good sound for sitting down late at night to play\write pop\rock things. 
3. To create an upper treble that had a little more sweet rattle and interplay among the partials, which meant using the M1-Jazz preset and then adjusting it so it didn't sound too different from the Rock preset in the other splits.

Notes for use:

1. This Cantabile file requires a recent version of Cantabile lite (freeware) or Cantabile full. Uses the M1-Rock preset for most of the fxps, but the M1-Jazz is in the upper treble.

2. The velocity setting for my keyboard is at fairly sensitive--a wide range from soft to hard velocities, but not the widest range. On my Ensoniq KS-32, this means that the setting is either Touch = Piano Velocity 5 or 4. But try other keyboard settings, too.

3. I have the volume on my sound card set fairly high, at about one o'clock, for this preset, so relatively soft strikes are fairly loud. You may want to reduce or increase the volume, but decreasing it means losing a lot of the sound.

4. I use this mainly through headphones. Obviously, for monitors, you may want to make additional edits...

Cheers. Feedback wanted, please, about this preset and about other people's experiments with splits.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (22-07-2008 18:05)