Topic: Hey fellow music lovers - are you there?

I reluctantly write this, because it will to many of you, sound self-serving and egotistical.  But it is not meant to be.  I am a member of a musical forum of people and have been - for the most part - absolutely delighted by possibly the most exciting and influential piece of software to ever hit the arts world! I'm sure we all agree this the Pianoteq is absolutely a magical device! You can actually create any one of an infinite number of pianos, many of which rival the best mechanical 9-foot monsters that grace our world's stages.  But this is no monster; this is a 15-megabyte software program that lets a relatively poor man or woman enjoy playing a world-class piano!!!

Think about that.  What the folks at Modartt have done is just amazing! Nothing less, and we all, I'm sure fully appreciate it.  I mean, I don't even have my full version yet. I'm waiting for it to arrive any day now.  So my absolute astonishment of this wonderful invention has been based on a trial version! One that has absolutely thrilled me, and yet driven me nuts! Many of the important notes are missing!!!!

But I understand why the Modartt people are protecting their interests; I would do the same.

So what's my problem?  Well after that long intro, let me just say that I'm very surprised at the lack of emotion I've seen on this forum.  We are a bunch of passionate musicians, for God's sake!  And do we ever disagree with one another? Do we ever get just a little defiant, or don't agree with what someone else has posted? NOO!

So I ask why?  I know you folks have passion within, otherwide you wouldn't be so in love with music, and especially the piano. 

So what I'm asking is this: please show more response to your fellow forumites (is that a word?). Please give more comments to what is posted, either good or bad. It's good to get feedback; that's how we learn. Recently I posted several files: a couple midis, some mp3's, some fxp's.  And I know they weren't the best, but I noticed absolutely no reaction!  Oh, many of you downloaded the files, and I appreciate that.  But did you like them?  Why? What did you like about them?  And more important, what didn't you like? You know, this is a NEW EXCITING INSTRUMENT! And if we don't share ideas and learn from each other, we may not take this opportunity to create wonderful instruments! Why? Because we can learn from each other and build upon that knowledge. Let's share our wisdom so we can all benefit!

Please forgive me if I've  said the wrong things to you, but I felt the need to get this off my chest, and I'd like to hear what you think about what I've said

Phil Smith    aka dreamsmith

Music is the fuel of my soul engine

Re: Hey fellow music lovers - are you there?

all is understood but I must say I like this forum I think its not lack of passion, its just that we enjoy this product and we do have fun with it, at any rate welcome hows that for passion

It's your expressed feelings, and how you feel, so therefore it's your passion.   And I appreciate you telling us all.

Thank you for the response.  I fully respect what you said.

Music is the fuel of my soul engine

ranger wrote:

all is understood but I must say I like this forum I think its not lack of passion, its just that we enjoy this product and we do have fun with it, at any rate welcome hows that for passion

Yup. Plus I think the fact the piano's creators paticipate and don't hesitate to join in here and there introduces a kind of feeling like our parents were watching what we do and speak... Not that it weren't great this way!

Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others

ranger wrote:

Yes - I have to agree! - I just finally downloaded my full version (courtesy of the group buy offer - thank you Modartt!)

Wow fantastic! - I think a lot of other forum's I've visited are usually full of people whinging (myself included!) that the software's not working, or if only the piano had more realism, or long debates on how to programme a repedalling behaviour etc. etc.

Instead, people are too busy enjoying this fantastic software, instead of complaining in a forum to vent their frustration when a product does not quite live up to their expectations.

Well done Modartt on a fantastic product - it's something I've been dreaming about for a long time! (Did I really say that out loud?)