Topic: pianoteq and external reverb

Just wondering....
If one wanted to use an external reverb (like altiverb)..would one just turn the pianoteq reverb off or would that adversly affect the lid positions and overall sound?

Re: pianoteq and external reverb

There is a new version of Pianoteq, the 2.3.0, and they said the reverb was improved. Does anybody noticed that by ears?

i'm asking if its possible to use an external reverb....so i don't have any need for the pianoteq reverb.

Of course - there are several threads referring to the use of other reverbs. I and others have used Ambience, http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/ with the "Piano Body" program. I would see it as essential to switch off the built-in reverb when using an external reverb.

The only real issue I found was an increased CPU usage: the PT built-in reverb appears to have a very low CPU demand in comparison to Ambience; the latter has a "quality" dial which can be turned down to reduce CPU.

One bonus I found is that the "glassiness" in the piano sound sometimes present in the higher piano registers appears to be ameliorated by Ambience.