Topic: William Sheller - Sheller En Solitaire - Nicolas

Hello,

I would like to thank the Modartt team for releasing such an unbelievable product!
I've been programming synth (as a hobby) since the mid-80s, of course Piano synth IS the Holy Grail... and before, I learned to play the piano (8 years) on real piano; upright and 1/4.
I post MySteinway9.fxp (in Forum Files, or http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploaded/MySteinway9.fxp) which I found very close to the piano (Steinway -I guess but I never got the opportunity to play on one-, Studio Davout, Paris) recorded live in William Sheller, Sheller En Solitaire, 1991.
NOTE: the piano is on MIDI channel 10
Anyway, I will let you appreciate (or not!)
My objectives are multiple for this preset:
- have a recorded piano sound
- played on a fully weighted keyboard
- with a lot of expressiveness without having to press too hard (my fingers got tired too quickly !)
This preset got designed just listening to this song. No measuring instruments. Only headset. No monitor.

This is the "auditorium":
- Roland A80, Curve Settings: curve 1, scale 63, offset 5, holdoff 0.
- PCM70 v2.0 Preset (3.2) Gymnasium
- AKG K601 headset

I had made something like 15 other versions (more than 1 month of work on the demo version), before I got satisfied with this one, then I'd decided I'd purchased the product!

It sounds great to me on any type of music; classic, contemporary, modern, rock, pop, etc.. (piano solo); what I haven't tried yet is to put it in a mix...

Enjoy (or not!)

Michael

Re: William Sheller - Sheller En Solitaire - Nicolas

Michael:

I'm having trouble with your preset, the MySteinway9: when I load it, I get no sound whatsoever. I thought the problem might be with what you mention--that the piano is on channel 10. However, my system (using Cantabile) is set to Omni, so it should register any signal from any channel. But no sound. If I change to any other fxp, the sound immediately comes back.

Strange, yes? Could you check the fxp on your system again, downloading the file you posted, please? Am I the only one having a problem with this preset?