Topic: OS X security update problem?

Suddenly pianoteq has started to "clip" constantly. I just installed the March 2008 OS X security update, and I fear this has something to do with it. I've been using the program for a year without problems.

The clipping stops when I go down to 24000. It's like I've lost processing speed. Can anyone explain this? The CPU usage monitor is getting up to about 29%. Is this a problem with the sound card and latency, rather than a problem of CPU?

I've repaired the permissions and cleaned the caches.

Macbook 13" (pre duo-core)
internal sound card
OS X 10.4.11
2 GB RAM
Pianoteq 2.2.2

Update: Looks like others are having the same problem with different kinds of audio software. I'd recommend that other OS X users not install this latest update from Apple.

Last edited by beansoaker (01-04-2008 06:53)

Re: OS X security update problem?

yes there are issues also other than audio, I read something about printing ,before you update anything read the reviews on this site

http://www.macupdate.com

I think I've fixed the problem. It was the AirPort Extreme Update 2008-001 for Tiger, not the whole security update.

There is a way to roll back to the previous AirPort state.  This was described here, but I think the administrators have removed it:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp...p;tstart=0

Anyway, it worked for me.

I had the same thing with Cubase. Lots of people seemed to experience this after the last Mac OS Airport update.
I'm disabling Airport while I work with any music software.

I hope Apple fix it, as it evidently is breaking a lot of other programs.

Same problem here on my first generation macbook, both macos 10.4.11 and 10.5.2 are affected..

Hello I'm new here. Had pianoteq for about two weeks. Now I know why it is clipping no matter what I try. Even garageband is clipping since installing that airport update. I didnn't understand but now I do. I call that progress. I hope it will progress even further pretty soon because I am not amused. I wrote to apple about it, you all should do the same. Bother'em a bit, hope this passes soon

Erik