Topic: Any chance of a Steinway?

Are there any plans to produce a Steinway add-on?
Richard

Re: Any chance of a Steinway?

Please do it, I would love that!

Another vote for a Steinway. More specifically, a Steinway B.

no, D :-)

yes

I Agree, but a D please

Yes, please a Steinway D. Like I had it on my Clavia.

Rainer

Gentlemen and ladies, please

Let us not show disrespect to our patrons Modartt S.A.S, nor to the good Messrs Steinway and Sons, by asking for "a Steinway", as if any old Steinway, perhaps one that has been overlooked in some dusty corner of a studio or stage, could of itself truly represent the culmination of centuries of the piano maker's art, or of the piano imitator's art of the 21st century. Ask not, lest you tempt fate, and Fate responds in kind by providing you with - a logo. In a DVD case, in all probability, with marks whereupon you may apply scissors, and cut out and keep. Or stick onto your keyboard.

Tempt not providence that way, but better ask, after due consideration, _whose_ Steinway shall we have? For all Steinway's are equal, but some may be preferable to others on account of their size, condition, set up, or through  being imbued with the magic  touch of those who have worn down its ivories (more or less) over many years. Let us try to capture THAT Steinway for posterity. Nay, truly, for immortality. (And for the edification of its owner, who can point and say when in the company of friends, Have you had your ____ replicated yet?). 

So, ladies and gentlemen, whose Steinway shall it be?

Yes count my vote as well, what are the current Pianos such as chamber modeled after?

Tempt not providence that way, but better ask, after due consideration, _whose_ Steinway shall we have?

Hm, let's say the one that Keith Emerson likes to play? :-)

Rainer

what about new add ons ?

an old steinway D ( 1930 or so)

an old Bösendorfer (1940 or so)

an a FAZIOLI (the big one 3,08 m)

This would be GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Bontempi ?? *runs waway*

Rainer wrote:

Tempt not providence that way, but better ask, after due consideration, _whose_ Steinway shall we have?

Hm, let's say the one that Keith Emerson likes to play? :-)

Rainer

uuhh.. yeah ! count me in!!

How about a compromise? First a Hamburg Steinway B and then a Hamburg Steinway D?
From the player's perspective?

Interesting link comparison between new york and hamburg steinway

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/ny...3_PIANO04/

Another vote for Keith Emerson's Steinway!!!

Garritan and Steinway will very soon launch a new Steinway (sampled) version which will be the new standard instead of Ivory or NI. This sound should be captured by Pianoteq.

I think this is pressing a bit too much the Moddart guys.

If they will realise a Steinway, as Steinweay it's a trademark know as a ultimate piano, I supose they woulkd let it for later. 
    keep the best for the end, like people says  ;-)

To complicate matters further, Steinway has endorsed a VST sample product with the Steinway name on it, so maybe Modartt  can model it, but call it something else for legal reasons :-)

But..I agree..it would be great to model a Stienway ( spelled that way ) :-)

Tim

tconrardy wrote:

To complicate matters further, Steinway has endorsed a VST sample product with the Steinway name on it, so maybe Modartt  can model it, but call it something else for legal reasons :-)

Tim

Just a question: Had the earlier Stewinway samplers, before thes one endorsed by Steinway, paid any royalties to the Steinway trademark?

Maybe in a year or two, when Pianoteq improve even more and became recognized as the ultimate digital piano, the Stewinway manufature endorse a Steinway add-on.

But why Steinway would want to pay moddart? Perhaps they would try to buy the company and the software, since they are financial monsters, they have lots of it enough to credit them even the rights to the software. The question is: will be moddart for sale in the future.? :-?

But Im digressing here. It would be awesome to have an Imperial modeled within pianoteq. :-)

Guillermo

How about the famous Abbey Road vertical? ;-)

maybe Modartt  can model it, but call it something else for legal reasons :-)

I doubt "Stienway" would pass legal scrutiny, and "Stonestrasse" neither,  tho "Kleinway" possibly could .

It will be interesting to see if Garritan can pull something extra out of the sampling bag compared to other sampled instruments (price excepted). Not that _I_ am interested one bit (the LSB).

the C2 chamber is a 'perfect' steinway
the C2 concert is a 'perfect' fazioli