Topic: Feature idea

I've been very happy with Pianoteq but it recently occurred to me there might be another way to use the software.

Specifically, I'd be interested in using Pianoteq as an effect. You have already done all the work to model a piano but right now the only way to get a sound into that modeled environment is to play a piano note. Would there be a way to input an external sound, say from an FM synth, into the virtualized environment, and have the virtualized piano generate reverberations, induced harmonics etc as an effect?

The real world analogy would be something like placing a guitar amp inside a piano, or singing into a piano, while the pianist plays.

Of course I understand this feature would only be of interest to a handful of more experimental musicians and may not be worth implementing as a result, but I figure there's no harm in sharing the idea.

Re: Feature idea

This thing very good are doing Voxengo  reverbs , when U load impulse responces to it in wav format or for very strange effects and voice colors U can load there any not so much long wav file with for egz. noise, ambients ,instrument samples or other sound , even human talk and U will get amazing strange sounds and effects . Same thing U can do with Sony Sound forge Acoustic Mirror , but only limited wav file longiness . Simply record any Your synthesizer voice wav file and load them like impulse responce . Thats all ... For egz. - record wav file with human steps on the street , load this file like impulse responce , and load piano or other instrument solo ,  little drive your knobs and look what happends ...