Topic: Fatar Studiologic SL-880

Velocity = [14, 47, 74, 96, 127; 0, 21, 42, 68, 127]

I found that setting a non-linear type of curve really gets the most playability out of this for me.

The more I tweaked with this the more expression I seemed to get.
It would be interesting for the velocity area to have default curves available to start with that did not necessarily rely on placing the nodes to get the non-linear curves.

It could be similar to how crossfade curves work.

This just continues to bring out the best in Pianoteq.

Simeon Amburgey
Sound Creations, Inc.
www.soundcreationsinc.com
***PS.89:15***

Re: Fatar Studiologic SL-880

*Lightbulb Moment* ;<)

I just saw the presets for Slow, Normal, Fast Keyboards in the preset sections.  This is a help and goes in the direction I was thinking about earlier.

Simeon Amburgey
Sound Creations, Inc.
www.soundcreationsinc.com
***PS.89:15***

Velocity = [22, 49, 72, 83, 93, 103, 109; 0, 22, 59, 80, 96, 120, 127]

I found the following the best curve for my Studiologic SL 880. It seems to work best with rock piano such as Elton John.

This is for a Studiologic SL-880 Pro:

Velocity = [10, 37, 61, 97, 121; 0, 22, 50, 102, 127]

Note: My keyboard is 2nd hand (or perhaps 3rd) and I have trouble getting consistent lower velocities when playing (i.e. below ±50, I can get pretty random velocities when playing softly).  Or maybe it's just my hands!  Either way, I found that this curve provides a good feel, so that's what I'm using now. 

Thanks for the opportunity and instructions on tweaking the Velocity curve, my keyboard does feel better now!

Ok, this is great that you guys are giving numbers for the Pianoteq end, but what about the Fatar end?

There are 2 adjustments on the Fatar end:
1.  Velocity
2.  Shape

The way that I understand it, is that +1 on shape is linear.  Right now I am running +2 because it just feels better.  However, what I really want to do, is adjust everything digitally and let the keyboard perform to the best of it's abilities.

Any ideas?