Topic: Uploaded new Cantable 4-way split using Creart's EQ settings

I created a new 4 way split using the EQ setting that Creart uses for his Baldwin, and an MP3 demonstrating its sound. (The point of departure, however, the preset that these instances are all derived from, is the Grand C2 Chamber.)

This Cantablile lite\free file goes into the Cantabile 1.2 Lite folder. For Cantabile to find PianoTeq, the Pianoteq.dll file needs to be in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTI Plugins\Pianoteq 2.2

To open the file and automatically load all of the instances of Pianoteq into their splits, just click on File, Open, and double-click on the name of the file.

You can of course make edits on each instance\split and then save them using Save as. (Be aware, however, that Cantabile will ask you if you want to save your edits when you exit it. If you click on Yes, you will overwrite my original settings, and won't be able to recover them without downloading the file again.

For editing, you need to know the split points:

Rack 1, Plugin 1: The lower bass
Rack 1, Plugin 2: The octave below middle C
Rack 2, Plugin 1: The middle C octave up to the B below the next C
Rack 2, Plugin 2: All notes from the C above middle C to the end of the keyboard.

This instrument is a close perspective acoustic piano. On some systems, the treble may seem very slightly loud in comparison with the bass and midrange, particularly at high velocities. You may want to create a reduced velocity scale or lower the volume slightly in the treble instance of PianoTeq (Rack 2, Plugin 2).

Last edited by Jake Johnson (03-01-2008 18:28)

Re: Uploaded new Cantable 4-way split using Creart's EQ settings

too bad i can't use Cantabile!! I'm on Apple
would have loved to try it

cheers
Hans

Jake,

where's the mp3???

The mp3 is up now. Just a repeated I-V-IV sequence in D major to show the timbre and dynamics.

(I posted the fxp file and the message thinking I'd turn around and immediately knock out a fast demo. But everything I tried to play came out bad--bad timing, off notes. It took me over an hour to get just the simple I-V-IV. Sometimes my playing seems to get worse every day instead of better, which is really bad news, since my playing is so rudimentary compared to that of most of the people here...)

I'm sure that there must be a host similar to Cantabile for Macs, but I don't know what it is. Have you tried posting a question on KVR (or here) about it? Worth the search.

Thanks Jake for posting the mp3.   This 4 way split demo is pretty inspiring.  I'll try it over the weekend.

-- Abi

Hey Jake

Well I have not found just a program to 'stack' plugins yet, but hav honestly not asked on any forum about it...
I do use LogicPro for sequencing and that should be able to do it as well and also their new program that comes with that, but there's still a lot of overkill in those programs that I don't need when I'm just playing for fun a bit so a simple program for that would help....