Topic: 4-way split for lastest version of Cantabile Lite (free) in Files area

I uploaded a 4-way keyboard split set-up (named "Ambient 4 Way Split.cantabile") to the Files area. (So you don't have to worry about setting up the splits.) Each of the four instances of Pianoteq is edited.

Put this "session" file (a preset) in the Cantabile Lite folder. In Cantabile, just click on File\Open and double-click on the file name to load the four instances of Pianoteq into their respective zones. You can of course edit each instance as you want and then use Save As to create your own presets.

(This preset assumes that you have your PianoTeq.dll file in C:\Program files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\PianoTeq 2.2. If you do not, you must attach the Pianoteq.dll file to each plugin slot: In Cantabile lite, with the first Rack by default already selected, click on Choose Plugin, in the Plugin list a quarter of the way down the interface, move the mouse pointer to File, and select Choose Plugin. Then locate the PianoTeq.dll file. Repeat this process for the second plugin. Then make the second rack active by clicking on Rack 2, and add the next two instances of Pianoteq in the same way. The 4-way split will now be active. Click on the Save session icon (the 3.5" computer disk icon on the button bar) to save your preset.)   

For editing, you need to know the arrangement of the instances:

Rack 1, Plugin 1 is the lower bass.
Rack 1, Plugin 2 is the octave below middle C
Rack 2, Plugin 1 is the middle C octave
Rack 2, Plugin 2 covers all of the notes above the middle C octave.

The pro version of Cantabile is required to have more than 4 splits.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (31-12-2007 02:29)

Re: 4-way split for lastest version of Cantabile Lite (free) in Files area

I updated this Cantabile file, and resent it to the Files area, on Wednesday, 12\19\07. Fixed a few abrupt changes and made other small edits.

Re: 4-way split for lastest version of Cantabile Lite (free) in Files area

Small change: I deleted and again uploaded this cantabile file, which now requires that Pianoteq.dll be in the folder: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\PianoTeq 2.2 .

(It's a problem with vst hosts that I'm not sure how to remedy: each time Pianoteq is upgraded, so that it goes into a new folder with a new name, Cantabile loses where to find each instance of PianoTeq in the four-way split preset. All I can do is upload a new 4-way split with the correct references. Otherwise, though you can of course update the Pianoteq.dll file location for each split manually, you lose the edits on each split.

The obvious solution would be to just keep a folder called PianoTeq, without a version number, but I like to keep several versions of PianoTeq available, and assume that other people are doing the same thing. A bad assumption? Does everyone else just retire the older version of PianoTeq to a folder reserved for older files, and keep one folder named just PianoTeq in your VSTPlugins folder? If so, we can just post splits that have the folder as PianoTeq. Would make things simpler.)

Last edited by Jake Johnson (31-12-2007 06:56)