Topic: The new engine and presets are amazing. Even the lid seems better now.

Just wanted to say that the more I play the new Pro version, the more I like it. Astonishing sound, and the editing abilities are amazing: we can really create any piano, now.

There seem to be some small, good, unlisted changes, too: the influence of the lid seems different, now, for one. (Or am I just imagining things?) In earlier versions, putting the lid all the way down more or less damped the sound. It still does, of course, but even the damped sound seems richer. Maybe this just comes from having richer, more complex notes in the latest version. Regardless, putting the lid down now creates a more valid sound than it once did. (Still experimenting with putting the lid down while increasing the strength of other elements. Anyone else tried experimenting with the Sound Speed setting with the lid all the way down? All kinds of rich dark sounds lurk there. And coordinating the three Hammer hardness parameters gives a lot of variety to how the sound brightens with velocity, overcoming the damping from the closed lid.)

Someone earlier mentioned family--is that the same thing as those people who keep trying to interrupt me while I work?

Last edited by Jake Johnson (06-11-2009 18:25)