Topic: midi access to user patches

As far as I can tell, sending a midi program message to Pianoteq will switch it to the corresponding preset  in the same order as they are listed in the "presets" menu. Is there any way I can call up patches of my own creation via midi?

Re: midi access to user patches

Hi Doug, no, it is not possible with the standalone pianoteq, so you will probably have to use a good audiounit/vst/rtas host to achieve that feature.

Okay, that's no big surprise. I have Logic Express on order but it is a long time shipping. On a similar vein, then. If I am using a good VST host, will I be able to run multiple instances of Pianoteq? That is, would I be able to have one patch on one manual and another patch on another manual and play both at once?

Sure ! Even bad hosts will allow you to do that You can have as many instances of pianoteq running at the same time as you want.

I'm using Pianteq as a plugin and can have multiple instances, via Cubase. I've got both v 1 and v2.1 available as different VST instruments. I have not played around with calling individual presets via midi, it hasn't been necessary for me, but I'd imagine you'd first assign the Pianoteq presets to the program slots that get offered by the host plugin. Pianoteq as a Cubase plugin offers you 32 programs (all default to C2 Concert). You 'fill' each program with a preset, and the plugin's programs are saved with the Cubase song.

I'm not sure how it works in any other sequencer.