Topic: Posted an attempt at the Adia video piano in the Files section.

Edit: Experiment with the  Piano size parameter (In Options\Midi\...) to hear the best variations in this sound. Note, too, that the velocity curve is set for a fast keyboard--this setting is required, or the piano gets much too metallic much too easily.)

Notice the word "draft" in the name. Based on the C3, with an intentionally bright, percussive sound. Far from the exact sound, but decent for the song and this kind of piano\vocal arrangement. I set up the mics roughly the way they appear in the video, so that some of the piano bleeds into the vocal mic. The positions are not exact--when I placed them closer to the way that they appear in the video, the sound was brittle. (Probably because I couldn't determine the exact placement, since the video doesn't have a tape measure attached to the mic...)

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...0Piano.fxp

The upper, upper treble just won't do it, but it's usually not used in this type of music. Most of the rhythm piano is played below or in the middle C octave to stay out of the way of the vocal.

Edit: In the name of the fxp, I misspelled McLachlan's name. My apologies.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (11-09-2009 18:00)