Topic: Transpose functionality

Hi there. As already stated in another post, I'm building a digital piano using a doepfer key-bed. One of the "disadvantages" is that it hasn't transpose buttons of its own. On the other hand I've got plenty of buttons, knobs and sliders all capable of sending a midi controller message.
Using Pianoteq there's the much appreciated option of assigning controller messages to specific functions. The one I'm missing is the transpose up and down function. Am I overlooking something or is this functionality not implemented? If not, how do I get around this problem?

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Re: Transpose functionality

As a stopgap measure, although Pianoteq has a standalone mode, try and load up the VST version into a small free VST host like SAVIhost and use its transposition feature.

Hard work and guts!

Am I missing something?  I use the Options/Midi/Notes Transposition command a fair bit in stand alone mode.

Glenn

Thanx for all the feedback,

@Glenn: Indeed there's the option of transposing notes using Options/Midi but I like to assign a midi-controller to it so I can control the transpose function from my yet-to-be-built piano. Of course I can use a touchscreen (which I'll actually use in my project) but accessing it by knobs/buttons (also more directly) eases live, especially during live performance.

@EvilDragen: Thanx. Is it possible using a VSTi host to assign arbitrary midi-controller messages to specific midi mesages and program specific functions? Like Pianoteq does?
For example:
midi-controller message 1 and 2 will be used for tranposing up/down in the VSTi host and all other controller messages will be passed onto Pianoteq?

Someone once suggested to add a "left hand piano" simulation. 

Perhaps just "mirror" the keys would be enough to that emulation.
A inverted keys disposition, like the inverse image of mirror.

One more thing to the already very large todo list of Modartt

Last edited by Beto-Music (16-07-2009 00:32)

hvaartsen wrote:

@EvilDragon: Thanx. Is it possible using a VSTi host to assign arbitrary midi-controller messages to specific midi mesages and program specific functions? Like Pianoteq does?
For example:
midi-controller message 1 and 2 will be used for tranposing up/down in the VSTi host and all other controller messages will be passed onto Pianoteq?

I guess you would need to use a CC mapper of some kind to do that. I don't think SAVIhost can do that by itself.

Hard work and guts!