Topic: Problem with kore2

I have recently purchased a new daw based on a i7 and vista 64 bit.

I've installed my main programs and plig-ins .. no problem for the moment..  PT3 in stand-alone mode is simply excellent!!

But...  when I start NI KORE 2 the program show the sequence of "charging" vst..  where PT3 is showed without problem as many others.....  wen Kore 2 is ready to play  I go to the page were the Plug-ins availables are displayed and here I can't find anything about Moddart PT3 so isn't possible for me to load the plug-in......  aaarrghh
Is very vital for me to have this in myperformance.. i can't live without it..

Anyone has experienced with this fault??

Is a PT Problem or Kore 2 problem?  or is due to the different structure of vista folders???

Please help me...

Re: Problem with kore2

Aaaahh,

I've been there.

There is definitely something wrong as I consistently have that problem.

The problem showed up after the version of Pianoteq which introduced the new blue icon came around.  The original "gold icon" version of PT 3.0.0 worked fine, and lucky for both you and I, I happen to have a koresound preset that forces PT to show up.

Give my your email address and I can send it to you.

Hi tbrim,

Here my e-mail address:   a.ippoliti@libero.it

I am  truly grateful to you for your help .. I was literally crazy behind this problem ...

I wonder why nobody has exposed this problem first ... we hope that Moddart resolve this bug as soon as possible ..
Thanks again, I will do you know if the problem has disappeared with your solution ..

all the best...

Antonio Ippoliti (Italy)

I'm not seeing any problem, just installed kore 2 demo on vista 64, pianoteq is listed and runs smoothly. Maybe you need to ask kore to re-scan the plugin list ?

Hi Julien,

I have done many time the operation that you have described but without success!!!

I remember some time ago that the some problem was momentary appeared on my laptop running Xp service pack 3. But recalling various kore patches it was "adjusted" in someway..

I apologize for my bad english, I hope you understand me...  I'm still waiting the "may be" solution from tbrim...

Any way i suggest to investigate this problem becouse with PT2 it never happened to me...  may really be that the new graphics causes this bug???  Ummmhhhh!  very strange but..

I continue with investigation...  thanks for the moment...

Antonio

maybe removing the pianoteq entries from the kore plugin cache could help:

c:/Users/(yourname)/AppData/Local/Native Instruments/Kore 2/Database Cache/

Ok , now I'm at work... this evenig I'll try to do this.. Thanks

ok I've tryed with Julien's method but unlukly without success..
in the folder that Julien have me indicated there is not anything about pt3 or other versions.. I've done the rescan operation many time.. but... nothing.
the Pianoteq30_x64.dll file is located in ... Steinberg/VstPlugins/Pianoteq3.0  I can see it into thisfolder.. so ... wath about??  I also have tryed to install kore2 demo so I have the same Julien's situation.... but nothing...  after more than 3 hours of test I take a little break .....  if someone have an idea.. he is welcome...

ciao

kore 2 is only available as a 32-bit application as far as I know, so it cannot load a 64-bit plugin. You should try to install the 32-bit pianoteq (no need to uninstall the 64-bit version).

Julien,

I sent keyrunner the .ksd file that should work to open up pianoteq within Kore 2.

Keyrunner,

I am not a registered user of Pianoteq, which is why I was not so concerned about reporting this bug, but you are right, I should have mentioned it a long time ago.  I just thought maybe it had something to do with it being the demo version.  I decided not to purchase Pianoteq because I just could not get the sound where I wanted it for live use (Jazz).  However, I am keeping my eye on Modartt because what they are doing is really good and I applaud their efforts.  I really wish I could be on the list of supporters, but I just can't bring myself to spend what little I have on something that is just not there for me yet.

Hope things work out for you.

Wow, problem solved... 

the fact is that kore2 show the pianoteq3.dll (64 bit) during the scan but is not capable to handle it into the program..
using the patch that tbrim has kindly posted to me, (Many many thanks for your precious interest) instead of the plug-in name, appeared a big yellow"?"

then as suggested by Julien I have loaded only the vst version of the 32 bit version of PT and everything work now!!!

At this point I remain puzzled about something ...

between the various programs that I own , there is also truepianos that I use  in some pop-rock mix... the installation file of TPno report in the name "64 bit version" ????????

why kore handle correctly this 64bit plug-in and it isn't true for PT3???

mystery ... but that's another story ..

again ...   many thanks to all of you!!!! im very happy with Modartt PT,

tbrin, Julien .. you are wonderful people!

all the best..

ciao!!

Antonio

p.s.  today I have purchased also the license for the plug-in of the vibes! wow!!
now my "weapon" is even more 'deadly!
as a new "bullet" you invent modartt now?