Topic: The "Realness" of PT3!

I've posted a sample snippet of a track (pt.mp3) from my current project in progress to the Files page.  This is my slightly tweaked C3 Soft preset at work here and I'm amazed at how real it sounds!  I recommend listening in headphones.

I love the way the louder notes just pop out and then trail off into the expanse created by the reverb.  Thank you Modartt!

Re: The "Realness" of PT3!

Hi Curt,

wow, that sound fantastic! really good. Could you please post your fxp-File as well?
I can't wait for trying this on some classical stuff:)
thanks!

cheers

Stefan

have u been listening to Harold Budd?

who?:)

never heard from him....

who is it?

feline1 wrote:

have u been listening to Harold Budd?

I had never heard of him until you mentioned him so I checked him out on iTunes.  I rather like his White Arcades album.  Very "hearts of space" sounding!  Does he have anything that's more solo piano?

Thanks for the tip!

Ahhhh, Harold Budd -- I live and breathe his stuff!!! 

While he certainly isn't limited to spare, gently-treated solo piano music, his _best_ work, IMHumO, lands squarely in that particular sonic field.  He's the crop-circle-alien-master of the genre, delicately balancing consonance and dissonance like a super-sedate (read:  positively-meditative) Chopin.  This is music that works well for both rest and activity;  it can be part of the background ambience, but it rewards attentive listening, too!

The two Budd/Eno albums, "Ambient2:  The Plateaux of Mirror" and "The Pearl," are absolute must-haves, in addition to his more recent works with John Foxx entitled "Drift Music" and "Translucence."  He also has several other similar albums involving only himself (e.g., "La Bella Vista" and "Perhaps"), but I don't find myself listening to them as often;  he seems to achieve perfection only in tandem!

"Our developers, who art in Toulouse, hallowed be thy physical-models.
Thy version 4 come, thy new instruments be done, in the computer as it is in the wood!"

borntobemild wrote:

Could you please post your fxp-File as well?
I can't wait for trying this on some classical stuff:)
Stefan

The FXP file is up but you may find that it won't work so well for classical without a few tweaks!!

The Erard and the Bechstein add-ons are very good starting points for creating new pianos. They have a very clean sound.

Steinway sampling session:
http://keyboardmag.tv/index.html?req=1&...=howtoplay