Topic: The Vibraphone Add On

While the electric pianos couldn't convince me, I must say, the vibraphone is simply perfect! I bought it without hesitating. In fact, it's so good that I advise you to change the company's name into Vibrateq. The good thing is, I now can throw away all my vibraphone samples. I'm surprised there's no one talking about it.

Re: The Vibraphone Add On

Vibrateq...   ???

Uhhnn, I don't know.  Sounds like a company destined to female consumers.

Last edited by Beto-Music (22-06-2009 18:33)

Alex Cremers wrote:

I'm surprised there's no one talking about [the vibraphones].

I'm too busy _playing_ the darn things to _talk_ about them.  Leave me alone, blast you!!!

;^)

Seriously, I'm absolutely in love with them.  I would almost be willing to say that these vibraphone models are _better_ than the (already excellent) piano models -- of course, in my opinion, the pianos were more difficult to create, but I'm "calling a spade a spade."  I actually have _trouble_ going back to the pianos now...

"Our developers, who art in Toulouse, hallowed be thy physical-models.
Thy version 4 come, thy new instruments be done, in the computer as it is in the wood!"

I'm not much interested in the vibraphone, however I too think the Pianoteq emulation sounds wonderful, and I too was wondering why noone was talking about it.

Greg.

There were users talking about it...

Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others

dhalfen wrote:

I actually have _trouble_ going back to the pianos now...

I know what you mean, I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I programmed a preset with slow tremelo and it's hypnotizing! It's probably the best virtual instrument (whether it's modelling or samples) that I have right now.

New sounds lead to new ideas. But trust me: You won't stay with vibraphones forever. For exactly this reason.

I find the Pianos hypnotizing as well, especially the old grands if they are slightly detuned and the partials somewhat tweaked...

Last edited by Jope (26-06-2009 10:05)
Pianoteq Pro 8.0.0, Organteq 1.6.5, MacBook Pro 16" i9, Mac OS X 13.0.1, Universal Audio Volt 4, Logic Pro X 10.7.5, FM8, Absynth 5, The Saxophones/Clarinets, Reaktor 6 and others