Topic: Upgrading to MBP / Leopard

I am planning to purchase a MacBook Pro which will include Leopard. Has anyone encountered any serious issues with that system, or can I expect to just keep on going?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Upgrading to MBP / Leopard

I run a MBP with Leopard, 2GB of RAM and go all day long with no problems.

Maestro2be

Absolutely no problems.

Late 2008 MBP 2gigs or ram

Pianoteq settings:
96kbps Audio card settings (PreSonus Firebox)
maximum polyphony

Testing proceedure:
washing up and down the keyboard with damper pedal down, hammering, washing and the Pianoteq processing indicator never reads anything above 32%.

It kinda makes me want this little slider added to Pianoteq that would allow me to "dial-in" more complicated processor intensive calculations that would result in an even better sound than what it currently has.

tbrim wrote:

It kinda makes me want this little slider added to Pianoteq that would allow me to "dial-in" more complicated processor intensive calculations that would result in an even better sound than what it currently has.

This is precisely the reason I haven't upgraded my PC yet.  I don't see the point of buying a Core i7 system at the moment when I have no other use for it.  By the time PTQ Pro/4 is out, the i7 will be bargain basement.

Best//Neil

Now the purchase and transfer is completed, all went well, and I am really impressed with the performance of the MBP (2.66 17" 4GB, former top model, €500 off b/c of a minor brush-up in the new range – thanks Apple ).

I can now go 44k / 256samps with heavy pedalled bass tremolos which would quickly have caused glitches (at 22k / 512) in my former MB white. Absoutely no comparison. It's like a heavyweight champion lifting a 2ys kid with a finger

As for an "even better sound", tbrim, what do you wish for?

Ooooo, now I'm getting jealous.  I _love_ my iMac (which can do about 4-5 instances of Pianoteq without crapping out in Ableton's "Live"), but the portability of the MacBook Pro is just _soooo_ darn appealing.  I wonder how the newest, fastest model performs with Pianoteq...

"Our developers, who art in Toulouse, hallowed be thy physical-models.
Thy version 4 come, thy new instruments be done, in the computer as it is in the wood!"

Glad everything is working out, Gizmao.
I love my 2.4 GHz MBP w/ 4GB RAM over here. These MBPs of recent vintage really seem to perform very, very well.

M1 Mac Mini | Metric Halo ULN-8 | Pianoteq 7.4.2