Topic: Feature Request: Select Number Of Output Channels

While I appreciate some people like to process each microphone output further in their DAW, I would like to have a  simple one stereo output on my Pianoteq and do all processing internally.

Could you create the option so we can choose how many channel outputs Pianoteq VST plugin creates? thank you

Last edited by magicaplug (29-06-2009 11:53)

Re: Feature Request: Select Number Of Output Channels

Hi,

On which host is it a problem ? Anyway, if you rename the pianoteq vst dll (version 3.0.3) to "Pianoteq30_2chan.dll" it will be instanciated as a standard stereo plugin and you won't be bothered by the extra channels.

I've had this problem in Cubase SX 2.2 as well.

All four channels are named 'Pianote'
I would rather just a single stereo channel was created called Pianoteq

and I didn't have to rename the dll with _2chan.dll on it.

I currently rename the dll to be Pianoteq.dll because I prefer it to appear nice and neatly in the Cubase menus.

Could you change it so the number of output channels is something that can be configured within Pianoteq's GUI?

Modartt, any word on whether you could implement this feature for v3.0.5? It would make my DAW a lot more elegant to work with.

Thank you!

The version 3.0.4 (just updated) now only displays "1" "2" .."5" for its channel names, so at least that will solve your naming issue. Having a parameter for the number of channels is more complicated to handle.

Sorry to be such a pain! :)

Mine still says 'Pianote' for all of the channels names in Cubase even at v3.0.4. The old v2 Pianoteq had a single stereo channel called Pianoteq220 or something similar if I remember.

With regards to having an option within the program, if that is out of the question could you provide a different build of the VST dll that is hard coded with a single stereo output channel instead? One that I can rename to just Pianoteq.dll so it sits nicely in my highly organised VSTPlugins folder? Would really appreciate that, is it possible? :)

Keep up the good work, just bought the Vibes addon; it's awesome! :)

Last edited by MagicalPlug (19-06-2009 11:02)

Any word Modartt?

do you have a screenshot showing that channel name issue ? I don't know where it is picking these names from pianoteq if the latest update did not change anything

PunBB bbcode test

Fullsize: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4828/pianoteq.png

There's a screenshot of my Cubase setup.

Ideally I'd like to launch Pianoteq from a Pianoteq.dll which has only 1 visible channel called Pianoteq in the Cubase mixer. Hope you can help me!

Last edited by MagicalPlug (22-06-2009 23:44)

Any word on this Julien?

Julien did you manage to make any progress? I'm currently using Pianoteq renamed to Pianoteq_2chan.dll but it

a) looks ugly on my DAW when all my other plugins are nicely named dlls

b) automatically creates an ouput chanel called 'pianote' which looks ugly too.

Let me know if you want any help testing anything.

Cheers
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Your screenshot shows v3.0.4/20090604 , with the latest update to v3.0.4 (which tries to fix the channel naming), it should be v3.0.4/20090618

Julien,

Cheers for that. I get the right channel naming in the new version! Although I would recommend, if you have to use a short string for the name, use something like PT1, PT2, PT3 so that the channels can at least by identified in name as belonging to Pianoteq.

Regarding the other issue; is there any way to have just channel 1 (stereo) without having to rename the dll (how about a Pianoteq.ini file in the same dir as the dll or something instead)? Or how about making stereo output the DEFAULT for pianoteq.dll and anyone who wants more channels, they can do the _3chan / 4_chan / 5_chan thing?? Let me know

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by MagicalPlug (29-06-2009 11:55)

Julien,

I'm actually ditching Cubase to move to Pro Tools. As such I don't think this will be an issue anymore, as Pro Tools has far more extensive bussing and routing options.

Thanks for all your help!

Kind regards
Jonathan

Last edited by MagicalPlug (29-06-2009 15:45)