Topic: Not Fully Understanding Delay and Level Compensation in Mic Settings

As I think I understand it, leaving the delay compensation set to "off" in the mic settings pane will simply cause pianoteqs acoustic model to assign the correct delay based on the mics distance from the piano. So the little vertical delay setting bar for each mic/output will be disengaged even though it still appears that you can raise and lower it.

But then if you turn delay compensation "on" you override the model and can set your own delays per microphone.

Is this correct?

Re: Not Fully Understanding Delay and Level Compensation in Mic Settings

You are right in that leaving the delay compensation set to "off" in the mic settings pane will simply cause pianoteqs acoustic model to assign the correct delay based on the mics distance from the piano. Same for the level compensation. However, in both cases ("off" or "on"), moving the delay (resp. level) slider that appears on the left ("mic settings" panel) after clicking in a mix cell will change the current delay (resp. level). The changes applied via the sliders are relative to the current settings, whatever they are.

Re: Not Fully Understanding Delay and Level Compensation in Mic Settings

thanks. That makes sense. I've one more question pertaining to the multi mic outputs but I suppose that's best left for another post so I'll start an appropriate one.

. . . . nevermind . . . saw the post regarding multi outs to aux tracks in audio units version in Logic Pro 8. I see you are working on it. That was my question.

Last edited by PianoGeek (02-05-2009 03:32)